Soft and with a particular flavor, the grape cake is perfect for all occasions. Make it with a seedless variety!
September is the month of the harvest as well as the one in which grapes are an ingredient of the season. It is also true that there are early varieties so, already with the first heat, large bunches of grapes begin to peep out in the fruit and vegetable department. Why not try the grape pie, we told ourselves? Yes, because fruit cakes usually come out very well, so this attempt was also worthwhile.
The result was far beyond expectations: the berries have partly maintained their crunchiness and, combined with the softness of the dough, create a perfect combination. Served at breakfast or as a snack , perhaps with a cup of tea, it is the recipe with grapes that you should definitely experiment with.
How to make a fresh grape pie recipe
- First, remove all the grapes from the bunch, put them in a colander and wash them thoroughly.
- Separately, in a bowl, whisk the eggs with the sugar and vanilla until frothy.
- Also add the melted butter and, once you have a cream, the flour sifted with baking powder .
- Pour the mixture thus obtained into a 26 cm diameter mold lined with parchment paper then spread the berries over the surface. For this dessert with grapes we advise you to choose the seedless variety.
- Bake at 180 ° C for 40 minutes and, once cold, decorate as desired with a sprinkling of icing sugar .
Among the other desserts with grapes we recommend you to try our gluten-free grape cake , good and soft beyond imagination.
Since this is a dessert with fresh fruit, it should be kept well covered in a cool place and eaten within 2-3 days.