The version of zucchini gnocchi is perfect before the end of summer to recycle all the vegetables you can’t cook.
Zucchini gnocchi are a colorful and appetizing alternative to the classic potato gnocchi. In reality we prepare them in two versions: with the addition of potatoes almost in equal quantities to the vegetables, or only with courgettes, 1 egg, grated cheese and a little flour to tie everything together . The two dishes are really different from each other in terms of taste, we challenge you to season them in the best way and to choose the version you prefer!
Know that both are suitable for being tied in various ways: the classic butter and sage are always good, but they will also be excellent with a fresh tomato sauce, with salmon, with flavored cream, with a fresh vegetable ragout, with various types of pesto or with a light courgette sauce . In short, indulge yourself!
Preparation of zucchini gnocchi
- First of all you have to boil the potatoes in plenty of water until they are cooked (when the prongs of the fork will easily enter the heart of the tuber).
- While you are waiting for the potatoes to be cooked, wash and cut the courgettes into slices, put them in a pan with a drizzle of oil and a pinch of salt and let them cook.
- When the vegetables are cooked, blend them well in a blender and then pass them through a sieve to remove even the smallest lump.
- While taking the potatoes, remove the peel being careful not to burn yourself and pass them in the potato masher.
- The time has come to combine everything and knead . Put the flour, the mashed potatoes and the blended zucchini on a pastry board, add the nutmeg, salt, egg and cheese and begin to mix everything as quickly as possible trying not to add any more flour to the mixture.
- Once you have a nice smooth and moist dough, divide it into loaves and form your gnocchi of the shape and size that you prefer.
- Throw them in salted boiling water and let them cook until they come to the surface.
- Before serving them, season them as you prefer, we chose a classic zucchini pesto to stay on topic.
The variant of the zucchini gnocchi without potatoes
Now it’s time for the potato-free version , which will be much softer than the previous recipe.
- 500 g of zucchini
- flour to taste to mix everything
- 60 g of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- a few basil leaves
- nutmeg to taste
- salt up to taste
- To prepare your zucchini gnocchi, in the meantime, start cutting the zucchini into thick slices .
- Boil them for no more than 5 minutes, in salted water, then immediately throw them in water and ice, so that cooking can stop and the green color can remain beautifully alive.
- Once this is done, drain the zucchini very well, squeezing them: this will ensure that the dough will not be soft and will blend perfectly with the flour.
- Blend the courgettes in a mixer, with a few clicks, reducing them to a puree.
- Mix the grated Parmesan cheese, a little nutmeg , fine salt and a few chopped basil leaves with the zucchini puree. Mint is fine too, if you prefer.
- Now incorporate 1 egg and how much flour you need to mix everything and then work it into sticks.
- From these rolls then obtain the gnocchi, which you will cook like normal potato gnocchi , draining them when they come to the surface.
Serve your zucchini gnocchi with various toppings to your taste.
Also try the classic gnocchi , you will not regret it.
ENJOY YOUR MEAL!
Both versions would be better consumed at the moment , when the gnocchi are ready and hot. We do not recommend freezing in the freezer as both doughs are very delicate.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Baccalà alla cappuccina: a rich dish of the Italian tradition
Cod alla cappuccina is a delicious dish based on fish and polenta, typical of the cuisine of Friuli and Veneto....
Blood loss before your period: what they can indicate
Bleeding before your period can be completely normal. Let's find out why it happens and how to act. When we...
Trout in foil: for a simple and tasty fish dish!
We enjoy a light but very tasty second course, trout in foil, easy to prepare and ideal for fish lovers....
Let’s prepare the babka, the Jewish cake in the shape of a braid
Babka is a leavened cake rich in taste and which is becoming more and more known also in Italy. Let's...
Chickpea cutlet: ingredients and tips for preparing a special dish
The chickpea cutlet recipe is specially designed for those looking for a delicious dish to alternate with meat or fish...