Cold swivels are a healthy and quick-to-make appetizer, also perfect for a children’s party.
For a buffet or an aperitif, the cold rolls with zucchini, ham and cheese are good and also healthy and light, since there are practically no fats. The most classic recipe means that slices of bread are used for sandwiches (or bread rolls), and you can do them in this way without problems, we have decided to make them with wraps that you just need to heat in a pan before using them in the preparation. Let’s see the recipe together.
Preparation of cold rolls with Philadelphia, courgettes and ham
- Start the tasty recipe by taking the zucchini, wash them well under running water and then after removing the end, cut them into thin slices lengthwise.
- Heat the grill by greasing it with a drizzle of oil and cook the courgettes for a few minutes on each side.
- When they are cooked, remove them from the grill and leave them aside to cool.
- Now take the wraps and heat them quickly in a pan to make them more malleable. If you use the bread of the sandwiches roll it out with a rolling pin so that it becomes thin and it will be easier in this way to prepare the rolls; but we recommend, do not overdo it with the rolling pin otherwise the bread will break.
- Proceed by spreading fresh cheese on the flatbread, add the ham and grilled courgettes on top.
- Then roll the bread to form a roll and wrap it in a piece of cling film.
- With the help of kitchen twine, close the end of the foil paper like a candy and repeat the process with the other slices of bread.
- Once all the rolls have been prepared, place them on a plate and place them in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- When the necessary time has passed, remove them from the refrigerator, remove the foil paper and you can cut the rolls into slices and enjoy them!
Also try a very fresh and different side dish based on zucchini like the rolls !
This recipe for a quick aperitif can be kept for about 2 days in the refrigerator, inside a container with an airtight lid. We do not recommend freezing in the freezer.