Inevitable at this time of the year, here is the quick recipe for Carnival rags, or the typical sweets of Tuscany.
Their name changes depending on the Italian region, but the basic easy recipe remains the same. We are talking about the famous chatter, which cannot be missing from your Carnival sweets. In Tuscany , they are called fried rags, made with a very elastic dough and covered with lots of powdered sugar. Making them at home is very easy and you just need a few ingredients. In just a few steps, you can have delicious Carnival rags with white wine, so mouth-watering!
Buckle up your apron and let’s go !
Preparation of the recipe for Carnival rags
- Pour the eggs and sugar into a bowl and whisk them with electric whisk.
- On a pastry board, pour the flour (sifted) into a well. Form a hole in the center and add the baking powder.
- Add the beaten eggs, white wine, grated lemon zest and a pinch of salt.
- Mix the ingredients, kneading with your hands.
- Cut the butter into chunks (at room temperature) and add it to the dough too.
- When you get a homogeneous and elastic dough, cover it with a cloth and let it rest for 30 minutes .
- Then, flour a work surface and start rolling out the dough with a rolling pin.
- Once you have a very thin and rectangular sheet, fold it on itself (in two) and roll it out again, to thin it.
- Repeat this action 4 times . Finally, you need to obtain a sheet of about 2 mm thick . These are the secrets to having beautiful puffy Carnival rags.
- With a notched wheel, cut out many rectangles (of various sizes) from this dough. Make a cut in the center of them.
- Fill a saucepan with oil and put it on the stove to heat it. For perfect frying, fry 4 sweets at a time (no more). When one side is perfectly golden, turn them over and brown the other. Remove them before they can darken.
- When they are cooked, drain them and place them on a tray covered with absorbent paper. When they are lukewarm, cover with powdered sugar and serve.
To make this recipe lighter, prepare the Tuscan Carnival rags in the oven. After cutting the dough into small rectangles, arrange them on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 ° C for 20 minutes .
Serve the sweet Tuscan rags at Carnival banquets and delight everyone with this simple preparation. You can keep them in a tin box for 1 week .
Another spectacular and tasty idea is the recipe for sweet Carnival masks !
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Second hand for Christmas gifts? From abroad, the trend that Gen Z likes
Economical and sustainable, the second hand could be the new solution for Christmas gifts. The relationship of consumers and the...
Christmas broccoli: the traditional recipe for holidays
The recipe for Christmas broccoli, an air of celebration on the tables of Christmas Eve or lunch on December 25th....
Catawiki launches the “House of Gucci” auction to tell the story of the maison
To warm the wait for House of Gucci, the history, objects and collections of the house are up for auction...
Have you ever heard of lemon salad?
If you are looking for a light side dish to accompany your richer main courses, the lemon salad is the...
Wheat: why it forms and how to fix it
The wheal is an allergic type manifestation typical of urticaria. Find out how it comes, what it depends on and...