Inevitable at this time of the year, here is the quick recipe for Carnival rags, or the typical sweets of Tuscany.
Their name changes depending on the Italian region, but the basic easy recipe remains the same. We are talking about the famous chatter, which cannot be missing from your Carnival sweets. In Tuscany , they are called fried rags, made with a very elastic dough and covered with lots of powdered sugar. Making them at home is very easy and you just need a few ingredients. In just a few steps, you can have delicious Carnival rags with white wine, so mouth-watering!
Buckle up your apron and let’s go !
Preparation of the recipe for Carnival rags
- Pour the eggs and sugar into a bowl and whisk them with electric whisk.
- On a pastry board, pour the flour (sifted) into a well. Form a hole in the center and add the baking powder.
- Add the beaten eggs, white wine, grated lemon zest and a pinch of salt.
- Mix the ingredients, kneading with your hands.
- Cut the butter into chunks (at room temperature) and add it to the dough too.
- When you get a homogeneous and elastic dough, cover it with a cloth and let it rest for 30 minutes .
- Then, flour a work surface and start rolling out the dough with a rolling pin.
- Once you have a very thin and rectangular sheet, fold it on itself (in two) and roll it out again, to thin it.
- Repeat this action 4 times . Finally, you need to obtain a sheet of about 2 mm thick . These are the secrets to having beautiful puffy Carnival rags.
- With a notched wheel, cut out many rectangles (of various sizes) from this dough. Make a cut in the center of them.
- Fill a saucepan with oil and put it on the stove to heat it. For perfect frying, fry 4 sweets at a time (no more). When one side is perfectly golden, turn them over and brown the other. Remove them before they can darken.
- When they are cooked, drain them and place them on a tray covered with absorbent paper. When they are lukewarm, cover with powdered sugar and serve.
To make this recipe lighter, prepare the Tuscan Carnival rags in the oven. After cutting the dough into small rectangles, arrange them on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 ° C for 20 minutes .
Serve the sweet Tuscan rags at Carnival banquets and delight everyone with this simple preparation. You can keep them in a tin box for 1 week .
Another spectacular and tasty idea is the recipe for sweet Carnival masks !
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Baccalà alla cappuccina: a rich dish of the Italian tradition
Cod alla cappuccina is a delicious dish based on fish and polenta, typical of the cuisine of Friuli and Veneto....
Blood loss before your period: what they can indicate
Bleeding before your period can be completely normal. Let's find out why it happens and how to act. When we...
Trout in foil: for a simple and tasty fish dish!
We enjoy a light but very tasty second course, trout in foil, easy to prepare and ideal for fish lovers....
Let’s prepare the babka, the Jewish cake in the shape of a braid
Babka is a leavened cake rich in taste and which is becoming more and more known also in Italy. Let's...
Chickpea cutlet: ingredients and tips for preparing a special dish
The chickpea cutlet recipe is specially designed for those looking for a delicious dish to alternate with meat or fish...