If you are tired of the usual sweets, then it’s time to try our Christmas cake decorated with sugar paste.
Let’s face it: when the “springs” begin to be felt, the idea of cutting yet another panettone or pandoro may not seem so tempting. Not to mention the fact that often there are so many at home that the last one is eaten instead of the dove. This year it’s time for a change and there is nothing better than our Christmas cake to start with.
The chocolate base is filled with a delicious cream based on cream, mascarpone and condensed milk . We then covered everything with colored sugar paste, creating beautiful decorations. Get inspired by our decorated Christmas cake or let your imagination guide you. And now are you ready to go to work?
How to prepare the Christmas cake recipe
- First, prepare the base of the cake which must be very cold when you are going to fill it. Break the eggs into a bowl, add the sugar and work them with the electric whisk until they are light and fluffy.
- Incorporate the sifted flour with the baking powder , cocoa and vanilla .
- Separately whip 250 ml of cream taken from the total and incorporate it into the dough with gentle movements from the bottom up.
- Pour everything into a 22 cm diameter mold lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 180 ° C for 60 minutes or until dry if subjected to the toothpick test.
- Meanwhile, prepare the filling cream: whip the remaining cream with an electric whisk.
- Add the mascarpone and condensed milk , stirring from bottom to top and transfer everything to a pastry bag with a smooth nozzle.
- Once the cake is ready, cut it in half to obtain two discs.
- Fill it with a layer of about 1.5-2 cm of cream and close again.
- Use the remaining cream to cover the top and edges of the cake.
- Now roll out the white sugar paste and gently cover all the cake. Instead, use the red one to create the bows and the green one for the tree. As mentioned in the introduction, ours is just a general idea then it’s up to you to create your favorite Christmas tree cake.
- Let it rest in the refrigerator for a few hours before serving.
Also take a look at our other recipes to bring different Christmas desserts to the table. You will surely find the one that’s right for you.
The Christmas cake can be kept in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. We recommend that you bring it back to room temperature for at least an hour before serving.
Sausage and mushrooms in a pan: a second dish loved by everyone!
For a dish full of flavors, we propose a second course with sausage and mushrooms, to be prepared in a...
Baked cauliflower scented with sage
A seasonal and easy to prepare side dish: baked cauliflower with béchamel scented with sage, perfect to accompany meat dishes....
Tired of the usual side dishes? Try the spinach alla romana
If you don’t know how to cook spinach then this recipe with raisins and pine nuts is perfect for you....
It’s good, soft and simple to make: it’s the legendary focaccia with onions!
Impossible to resist the scent of a freshly baked pan of focaccia with onions. Let’s find out how to prepare...
Embroidered polo shirts: precious allies at work and in your free time
Embroidered polo shirts help to create unique outfits and create personalized clothing for work: how to order them online quickly...
Recipes1 week ago
Salmon nigiri: sushi at your home in a few steps
Food1 week ago
All about tamarind: its beneficial effects, its contraindications and how to use it
Recipes1 week ago
French bread miche: “It’s always noon” gives us an ancient recipe
Fashion1 week ago
Voce Viva, the new fragrance by Valentino: Lady Gaga is the voice and face for the maison