Almonds and dark chocolate. Nothing else is needed to prepare the landed almonds, a typical Apulian Christmas dessert.
The Italian tradition includes an unlimited number of preparations to which regional (and family) variants are added. Landed almonds, for example, are a typical Apulian dessert prepared with only two ingredients, almonds and chocolate . Yet even here it is not so difficult to find different interpretations: there are those who leave the almonds whole and those who mince them, those with the skin and those without. In short, decide according to your tastes.
We prepared the chocolate covered almonds leaving the almonds whole and with the skin, perhaps the simplest way but also the tastiest one. The important thing is to always toast the almonds so that all the flavor comes out and then that’s it. In no time you will have an excellent dessert ready, also excellent as a meal, which in Puglia is usually prepared for the Christmas holidays .
How to prepare the recipe for Apulian landed almonds
- First spread the almonds in a non-stick pan and toast them over medium heat for a few minutes. Never lose sight of them and stir often, shaking the pan, to prevent them from burning. Alternatively, toast them in the oven for 15-20 minutes at 100 ° C.
- Then transfer them to a bowl and let them cool.
- Meanwhile, melt the dark chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave.
- Add the chocolate almonds and mix with a spatula until they are completely covered.
- Place paper cups (muffin ones are perfect) on a plate.
- Then with the help of two teaspoons, form small piles in each, calculating about 5 almonds.
- Transfer to the refrigerator for 2 hours or until they are firm.
The recipe for landed almonds is also present in the Abruzzo tradition. Here, however, instead of chocolate, sugar is used, obtaining a sort of caramelized almonds known as landed nucci.
Landed almonds can be stored for over two months in a tin box. They are therefore an excellent gastronomic gift.
Sausage and mushrooms in a pan: a second dish loved by everyone!
For a dish full of flavors, we propose a second course with sausage and mushrooms, to be prepared in a...
Baked cauliflower scented with sage
A seasonal and easy to prepare side dish: baked cauliflower with béchamel scented with sage, perfect to accompany meat dishes....
Tired of the usual side dishes? Try the spinach alla romana
If you don’t know how to cook spinach then this recipe with raisins and pine nuts is perfect for you....
It’s good, soft and simple to make: it’s the legendary focaccia with onions!
Impossible to resist the scent of a freshly baked pan of focaccia with onions. Let’s find out how to prepare...
Embroidered polo shirts: precious allies at work and in your free time
Embroidered polo shirts help to create unique outfits and create personalized clothing for work: how to order them online quickly...
Recipes1 week ago
Salmon nigiri: sushi at your home in a few steps
Food1 week ago
All about tamarind: its beneficial effects, its contraindications and how to use it
Recipes1 week ago
French bread miche: “It’s always noon” gives us an ancient recipe
Fashion1 week ago
Voce Viva, the new fragrance by Valentino: Lady Gaga is the voice and face for the maison