If you are looking for a recipe with egg whites or quick and easy biscuits, the ugly but good almond biscuits are for you.
The ugly but good with almonds are a typical dessert of northern Italy which, however, like many others, has spread to other areas of the boot thanks to their unique flavor and the incredible simplicity of the recipe. In fact, how many times do you run into recipes with a multitude of ingredients and not so immediately prepared, ending up abandoning the intention of preparing a homemade dessert.
Here, this with the ugly but good almond desserts we guarantee that it will not happen. Three ingredients are enough to prepare them and, as it is easy to guess from the name, the shape you give it is not very important. They are also a great way to recycle leftover egg whites from other preparations, making a meringue to which sugar and almonds are added. Let’s find out together how they are prepared.
How to prepare the recipe for the ugly but good almonds
- First, beat the egg whites with half the sugar for about a minute. You can use the electric whisk or the planetary mixer equipped with a wire whisk.
- Then pour in the remaining sugar and finish whipping them until stiff peaks. You will find that they are ready when they are well polished and, by turning the container upside down, they will not come off the edges.
- Separately, chop the almonds until you get a grain.
- Incorporate them into the egg whites, stirring gently from the bottom up, so as not to dismantle them.
- Now that the dough is ready, line a pan with parchment paper and drop some spoonfuls of the mixture, slightly spaced.
- Cook the ugly but good ones at 150 ° C for 30 minutes or until they are golden and crunchy.
- Serve them once cold.
If you liked this recipe with egg whites, then you should definitely try our meringues !
The ugly but good ones can be kept in a tin box for a week . The important thing, given the presence of egg whites, is that they do not take moisture.