How to prepare homemade vegan scamorza with vegetable milk and rice: the perfect recipe for those who are intolerant to dairy products.
Today we offer you the recipe to prepare vegan scamorza, a very particular and perfect preparation for those who follow a vegan diet or are simply intolerant to dairy products . There are many preparations of this type that allow you to replace the classic cheeses with vegetable ones. In this case, in fact, the “cheese” is prepared with soaked rice, risola milk, starch, oil and agar agar, a perfect vegetable thickener to solidify the compound.
The vegetable scamorza is very good cut into slices and tasted natural, but it can be used to enrich many other dishes such as the classic scamorza. I recommend that you keep the scamorza cheese prepared following this recipe in the refrigerator and in an airtight container for a maximum of 2-3 days.
Preparation of the vegan scamorza
- Start the preparation by soaking the rice in 100 grams of water for an hour and then cook the rice with the same water until the rice has completely absorbed it.
- Salt the rice then blend the mixture in order to obtain a homogeneous puree.
- Melt the agar agar in a little milk then add all the ingredients.
- Put everything back on the fire, bring to a boil and cook until the mixture begins to detach from the walls and “spin”.
- Transfer everything to a plastic tray greased with oil and let it cool. Put the vegan smoked cheese in the refrigerator and let it rest for at least two hours.
- Then give your vegan cheese the shape you prefer and serve it on the table.
Also try the risotto with radicchio and smoked scamorza .
This recipe, made with fresh ingredients, can be kept for about 1 week in the refrigerator. We do not recommend freezing in the freezer.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Baccalà alla cappuccina: a rich dish of the Italian tradition
Cod alla cappuccina is a delicious dish based on fish and polenta, typical of the cuisine of Friuli and Veneto....
Blood loss before your period: what they can indicate
Bleeding before your period can be completely normal. Let's find out why it happens and how to act. When we...
Trout in foil: for a simple and tasty fish dish!
We enjoy a light but very tasty second course, trout in foil, easy to prepare and ideal for fish lovers....
Let’s prepare the babka, the Jewish cake in the shape of a braid
Babka is a leavened cake rich in taste and which is becoming more and more known also in Italy. Let's...
Chickpea cutlet: ingredients and tips for preparing a special dish
The chickpea cutlet recipe is specially designed for those looking for a delicious dish to alternate with meat or fish...