All the secrets for an excellent vegan tzatziki sauce, the recipe that everyone agrees on.
When you feel like an aperitif or simply to accompany classic grilled vegetables or a boring salad, the vegan tzatziki recipe is just the thing for you. One of the easiest and fastest veg recipes, to save an evening with friends organized at the last minute or perfect on one of those days when you want to eat something different than usual. This version of the vegan tzatziki sauce uses soy yogurt so it is the ideal preparation even for those who are lactose intolerant . Now let’s see all the steps to make quick and easy recipes like that of vegan tzatziki.
Preparation of tzatziki sauce
- To prepare the vegan tzatziki sauce you have to start with the preparation of the cucumber. Take a potato peeler and remove the outer layer , then take a grater and, being patient, grate all the cucumber, paying attention to your fingers especially when you get to the final part.
- At this point, take the garlic clove and mash it in the garlic press. If you don’t have this tool at home, you can also use a teaspoon of garlic powder. In case you don’t like the taste of garlic very much, you can cut the clove in two halves, put it in the sauce to release the flavor and then eliminate it just before eating the vegan tzatziki sauce.
- Now switch to yogurt and in case you realize that it is too watery, you should let it strain. The ideal would be to put it in a cotton cloth with a bowl underneath and leave it in the fridge for about 8 hours .
- After the resting time you should see the watery part of the soy yogurt in the bowl and inside the cloth a much drier and denser mixture, ideal for yogurt sauces of many vegan recipes. Obviously this step is not mandatory but recommended in case you want a more full-bodied vegan tzatziki.
- Take a bowl, pour in the soy yogurt, grated cucumber, minced garlic clove, a pinch of salt, ground pepper, lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil.
- Mix all the ingredients with a spoon and leave to rest in the fridge for 2 hours .
- Pick up your tzatziki sauce and enjoy one of the easiest and fastest recipes ever.
And that’s it, we recommend combining it with the famous and timelesspita .
The vegan tzatziki can be kept in the fridge for up to 3 days, well covered with a sheet of cling film.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
There is no Easter breakfast without the Roman regrown pizza
The Easter regrown pizza is a typical product of Rome, prepared for breakfast and stuffed in many ways. The original...
Have you ever tried our gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry?
A very simple recipe to prepare at home for those suffering from intolerances: the gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry will please...
Easter Mazurek, an amazing Polish dessert
Mazurek is a Polish dessert typical of the Easter period made up of a crunchy base stuffed with jam and...
Pastitsio: the super tasty Greek first course
Pastitsio is a typical Greek first course known to be very similar to baked pasta. Here’s how to prepare it...
Crepes without gluten and lactose, the perfect recipe for everyone!
Enjoy a moment of sweet relaxation with delicious gluten-free and lactose-free crepes. We will make you who are intolerant satisfied...