Craving for the exotic? We prepare a colorful vegetable curry with basmati rice, a delight for the palate.
Today we dedicate ourselves to a typical dish of healthy and tasty Indian cuisine: the vegetable curry. Delicious dish and not at all complex to make, in its original recipe the vegetable curry is served with rice, and is made with coconut milk. It is usually used as a single dish, and it is fun to be able to play with seasonal vegetables, making small variations depending on the time of year. A variant – always vegan – also involves the use of legumes. For example, you can cook vegetable curry with chickpeas or with lentils. In reality, the perfect recipe does not exist, there is only the recipe that we love the most on the palate . Furthermore, the vegetarian and gluten-free vegetable curry is perfect for guests who do not like to eat meat and prefer gluten-free foods. Let’s go to the kitchen to prepare this delicious typical product.
Preparation of the recipe for Indian vegetable curry
- Wash and cut all the vegetables into similar sized cubes , leaving half an onion aside.
- In a large pot, put the olive oil and fry half the onion and the chopped garlic until they wilt.
- Now add the remaining onion, cut into chunks and the diced aubergine, browning for 5 minutes.
- Then add all the other vegetables and sprinkle with coconut milk , mixing well.
- Now add the salt and curry, mixing it with the coconut milk and vegetables. Put the heat on medium-low mode , and cover with a lid.
- Turn from time to time, and if the curry shrinks too much, add a little vegetable broth or water.
- In the meantime, cook the basmati rice in a pot with plenty of water, according to the package instructions and calculating about 40 grams of rice per person.
- When all the vegetables are cooked, but still firm and clearly visible, turn off the heat.
- Drain the rice and serve in the same dish.
For the variant of the vegetable curry with chickpeas take 250 g and introduce them when all the other vegetables are added and continue cooking until the ingredients are well stewed.
It is possible to keep the vegetable curry with pilaf rice for 2 or 3 days in the fridge , tightly closed in an airtight container, otherwise it can be frozen for three months, possibly by portioning it individually.
Are you a curry lover? Try the chicken curry with basmati rice .
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Generic Travocort: Uses and Contraindications of Cortisone Ointment
What is the generic of Travocort? Let's see what this medicine is for and what is the price of the...
What is immunity debt and what causes it?
Immunity debt: what it is, meaning, causes and possible remedies for the difficulty in defending oneself from certain diseases. When...
Gingerbread: the traditional Christmas cake
Panpepato is a typical dessert of the Christmas tradition and which is prepared with chocolate, raisins, almonds and hazelnuts. Gingerbread...
How to match leather leggings without making mistakes
Leather leggings are a must-have, but how to combine them without making a mistake? Let's find out now! Comfortable but...
How to make homemade nougat?
Nougat ingredients and recipe: a simple preparation, perfect for the Christmas holidays and for those who want to prepare nice...
Recipes1 week ago
Reinforcement salad: a Christmas dish of the Neapolitan tradition
Fashion1 week ago
A lesson from Alessandro Michele: the style details that we can (and must) steal from the designer
Recipes1 week ago
Reinforcement salad: a traditional Neapolitan Christmas dish
Fashion1 week ago
From Lady Gaga to Dakota Johnson, from Achille Lauro to Maneskin: the Gucci looks by Alessandro Michele