When you are uninspired in the kitchen, it is the right time to prepare a delicious and colorful vegetable flan.
Vegetable flan is a vegetarian main course to keep in mind when looking for a cooler recipe. Yes, because the timbale of baked vegetables, but also the vegetable flan cooked in a pan, has the great advantage of not wasting time forcing us to do the shopping. Vegetables left in the fridge or freezer will do just fine. For the same reason it is one of those quick and easy, cheap and healthy recipes to always keep in mind. Furthermore, by choosing seasonal vegetables, we will be able to give a different taste to the dish every time, and never bore neither us nor our diners.
Another great advantage of the mixed vegetable flan is that it can be made in the morning, or the day before, and will be ready for our meal immediately . Also ideal to take to the office, in a buffet, or for our dinners with friends, served already cut like the best fast finger foods. It can be served as a vegetarian main course or as a delicious and light side dish to a meat dish.
Preparation for the recipe of the vegetable flan
- Take care of your vegetables first. Wash them, remove the seeds or unnecessary peel and dry everything well.
- Cut with the aid of a sharp knife and a cutting board vegetables, more or less the same size. Roughly you will have to reduce the vegetable into squares of half a centimeter .
- Take a large pan that can accommodate all the vegetables, including peas and green beans, and pour in a knob of butter first, and then your diced.
- Sauté over low heat for 15 minutes , until the vegetables are just wilted. It must not overcook, but the vegetables must also be distinguishable in the timbale. Turn off, add salt and add the aromatic herbs when the vegetables are still hot.
- In a large bowl, add the ricotta, grated cheese, eggs, salt and pepper. Mix, until you have a homogeneous mixture , and at this point add the vegetables.
- In a pan lined with parchment paper pour the mixture. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and herbs of your choice and bake at 180 ° C for about 35 minutes , or until the crust is golden brown.
Variants of the vegetable flan: in a pan and with bechamel sauce
The flan can also be cooked in a pan. Choose a non-stick one, and brush it with oil. Pour the same mixture just made, and let it cook over medium heat , with the cover. After 12/15 minutes , turn it like an omelette and continue cooking until it is well cooked.
The variant of the vegetable flan with bechamel is the version for those who love greedy dishes compared to light recipes. In a saucepan, heat 500 ml of milk and add a pinch of nutmeg. In another saucepan put 50 g of butter, and let it melt gently. Incorporate 50 g of flour into the melted butter, and with a whisk create a cream, which you will dilute with the previously heated milk. Season with salt, and keep stirring until the mixture has set. Let it cool and use it to make a half layer of the mixture of your timbale. Cook it at 180 ° C for about 35 minutes , until golden brown, and serve.
You can keep this baked vegetable pie for up to three days , as long as it is closed in a clean airtight container. You can heat it in the oven, microwave or pan.
If you like flans, try our potato flan !
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
There is no Easter breakfast without the Roman regrown pizza
The Easter regrown pizza is a typical product of Rome, prepared for breakfast and stuffed in many ways. The original...
Have you ever tried our gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry?
A very simple recipe to prepare at home for those suffering from intolerances: the gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry will please...
Easter Mazurek, an amazing Polish dessert
Mazurek is a Polish dessert typical of the Easter period made up of a crunchy base stuffed with jam and...
Pastitsio: the super tasty Greek first course
Pastitsio is a typical Greek first course known to be very similar to baked pasta. Here’s how to prepare it...
Crepes without gluten and lactose, the perfect recipe for everyone!
Enjoy a moment of sweet relaxation with delicious gluten-free and lactose-free crepes. We will make you who are intolerant satisfied...