Vegetarian burritos with peppers and zucchini are a tasty take on the traditional Mexican dish
Vegetarian burritos with peppers and zucchini are an ideal alternative for those who do not like or have stopped eating meat, with which burritos are usually prepared. The original recipe, in fact, provides for a filling of beef, pork or chicken, ingredients that are clearly not included in a vegetarian diet .
The taste of these vegetarian burritos, while completely different from the original Tex Mex cuisine, is nevertheless inviting. You can prepare the tortillas (or the coating of the burritos) yourself, but you can also find them ready-made in the most well-stocked supermarkets.
Preparing the recipe for the vegetarian burrito
- To make your own vegetarian burritos with peppers and zucchini, start making tortillas (unless you bought them ready-made). Mix flour, oil, water and salt, and work quickly on a plane.
- Leave to rest for half an hour and then divide into eight loaves.
- Roll out into thin round sheets and cook on a non-stick pan , turning them halfway through cooking.
- Wash and cut the yellow (or red) pepper, green pepper, zucchini, tomato into strips and / or small pieces.
- In a pan heat a little oil and fry the finely chopped onion.
- At this point add all the vegetables, then the already boiled pinto beans and the sweet corn drained from the governing liquid.
- Season with salt and pepper (optional) and cook until the vegetables are soft.
- When the mixture is warm, stuff the tortillas and fold them in the classic shape of burritos.
- Serve your vegetarian burritos with warm or cold peppers and zucchini.
Good, indeed very good, even with the addition of some sauce of your choice. If they have won you over, we want to try to delight you with our tacos too !
These burritos can be stored for up to 1 day in the refrigerator, in a container with an airtight lid. We do not recommend freezing in the freezer.
Sausage and mushrooms in a pan: a second dish loved by everyone!
For a dish full of flavors, we propose a second course with sausage and mushrooms, to be prepared in a...
Baked cauliflower scented with sage
A seasonal and easy to prepare side dish: baked cauliflower with béchamel scented with sage, perfect to accompany meat dishes....
Tired of the usual side dishes? Try the spinach alla romana
If you don’t know how to cook spinach then this recipe with raisins and pine nuts is perfect for you....
It’s good, soft and simple to make: it’s the legendary focaccia with onions!
Impossible to resist the scent of a freshly baked pan of focaccia with onions. Let’s find out how to prepare...
Embroidered polo shirts: precious allies at work and in your free time
Embroidered polo shirts help to create unique outfits and create personalized clothing for work: how to order them online quickly...
Recipes1 week ago
Salmon nigiri: sushi at your home in a few steps
Food1 week ago
All about tamarind: its beneficial effects, its contraindications and how to use it
Recipes1 week ago
French bread miche: “It’s always noon” gives us an ancient recipe
Fashion1 week ago
Voce Viva, the new fragrance by Valentino: Lady Gaga is the voice and face for the maison