Ingredients and recipe to prepare peppers stuffed with lentils and mushrooms, a very simple and perfect second course for those who want to try different dishes from the usual!
Peppers stuffed with lentils are a very special second course and suitable for those who love vegetarian cuisine . In this case, in fact, the filling is based on red lentils cooked with mushrooms, a very tasty mix and certainly perfect for those who want to prepare hearty and wholesome dishes. Let’s see all the steps of the recipe right away!
Preparation of peppers stuffed with legumes
- Tick, peel and wash the onion then cut it into quarters first and then slice it finely.
- Clean the mushrooms by removing any earth residues, brush them with a damp cloth and cut them into cubes.
- Peel the carrots, peel and finely chop them together with the peeled garlic and parsley.
- Take a saucepan, pour the olive oil on the bottom, put it on the stove and let it heat up.
- After having heated the oil, add the sliced onion, the mushrooms, the tomato paste and the aromatic mince based on carrots, garlic and parsley. Close with the lid and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the lentils, the hot broth and cook for 30 minutes or in any case the time necessary for the liquid to be completely absorbed.
- Wash the peppers, remove the stalks and empty the seeds and internal filaments. Cut them in half lengthwise and place the peppers on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Stuffed with the lentil and mushroom filling and sprinkle everything with a little breadcrumbs.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200 ° C and cook for 20 minutes .
- When cooked, remove from the oven and let it cool just for a few moments before serving. Enjoy your meal!
We advise you to discover all our recipes with peppers .
Place your stuffed peppers in a container and refrigerate for about two days . You can even freeze them!