Baked stuffed pumpkin with quinoa and pomegranate: perfect recipe for a seasonal and vegetarian single dish. Here’s how it is prepared!
Stuffed pumpkin cooked in the oven and stuffed with a mix of quinoa, pomegranate, pumpkin seeds and parsley is a perfect recipe for those who want to serve a different dish than usual. This recipe is perfect to serve as a single dish and for a greater scenographic effect I recommend using baby pumpkins, perfect as single portions . If, on the other hand, you want to make the filling even tastier, I suggest you add some feta cut into cubes.
Preparation of the stuffed pumpkin in the oven
- To prepare the quinoa and pomegranate stuffed pumpkin, start by carefully washing the 4 baby pumpkins in order to remove any earth residues from the outer skin. Cut off the top cap and remove the seeds and internal filaments.
- Salt the inside of the pumpkins and transfer them to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200 ° C and cook for about 40 minutes or in any case until the pumpkin becomes soft, then remove from the oven and let it cool.
- In the meantime, let’s see how to cook the quinoa: first rinse the quinoa under cold running water to remove the saponin that covers the grains then transfer it to a pot with water, add salt and cook for about ten minutes in order to allow the liquid to be completely absorbed.
- When cooked, transfer the quinoa to a large bowl and let it cool.
- Season the quinoa with olive oil, rice vinegar, toasted pumpkin seeds, chopped parsley and pomegranate seeds.
- Stir and stuff the baked baby pumpkins.
- Serve immediately and enjoy your meal!
You can also decide, being a vegetarian recipe too, to add a little cheese (we recommend a young cheese, such as scamorza or caciotta) and, in this case, you can also spend 5 minutes in the oven at 180 ° C before. to serve on the table so that it all blends well.
Stuffed pumpkin can be kept in the refrigerator for about 2-3 days and in a container with an airtight lid. We do not recommend freezing in the freezer.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Second hand for Christmas gifts? From abroad, the trend that Gen Z likes
Economical and sustainable, the second hand could be the new solution for Christmas gifts. The relationship of consumers and the...
Christmas broccoli: the traditional recipe for holidays
The recipe for Christmas broccoli, an air of celebration on the tables of Christmas Eve or lunch on December 25th....
Catawiki launches the “House of Gucci” auction to tell the story of the maison
To warm the wait for House of Gucci, the history, objects and collections of the house are up for auction...
Have you ever heard of lemon salad?
If you are looking for a light side dish to accompany your richer main courses, the lemon salad is the...
Wheat: why it forms and how to fix it
The wheal is an allergic type manifestation typical of urticaria. Find out how it comes, what it depends on and...