Baked stuffed pumpkin with quinoa and pomegranate: perfect recipe for a seasonal and vegetarian single dish. Here’s how it is prepared!
Stuffed pumpkin cooked in the oven and stuffed with a mix of quinoa, pomegranate, pumpkin seeds and parsley is a perfect recipe for those who want to serve a different dish than usual. This recipe is perfect to serve as a single dish and for a greater scenographic effect I recommend using baby pumpkins, perfect as single portions . If, on the other hand, you want to make the filling even tastier, I suggest you add some feta cut into cubes.
Preparation of the stuffed pumpkin in the oven
- To prepare the quinoa and pomegranate stuffed pumpkin, start by carefully washing the 4 baby pumpkins in order to remove any earth residues from the outer skin. Cut off the top cap and remove the seeds and internal filaments.
- Salt the inside of the pumpkins and transfer them to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200 ° C and cook for about 40 minutes or in any case until the pumpkin becomes soft, then remove from the oven and let it cool.
- In the meantime, let’s see how to cook the quinoa: first rinse the quinoa under cold running water to remove the saponin that covers the grains then transfer it to a pot with water, add salt and cook for about ten minutes in order to allow the liquid to be completely absorbed.
- When cooked, transfer the quinoa to a large bowl and let it cool.
- Season the quinoa with olive oil, rice vinegar, toasted pumpkin seeds, chopped parsley and pomegranate seeds.
- Stir and stuff the baked baby pumpkins.
- Serve immediately and enjoy your meal!
You can also decide, being a vegetarian recipe too, to add a little cheese (we recommend a young cheese, such as scamorza or caciotta) and, in this case, you can also spend 5 minutes in the oven at 180 ° C before. to serve on the table so that it all blends well.
Stuffed pumpkin can be kept in the refrigerator for about 2-3 days and in a container with an airtight lid. We do not recommend freezing in the freezer.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Baccalà alla cappuccina: a rich dish of the Italian tradition
Cod alla cappuccina is a delicious dish based on fish and polenta, typical of the cuisine of Friuli and Veneto....
Blood loss before your period: what they can indicate
Bleeding before your period can be completely normal. Let's find out why it happens and how to act. When we...
Trout in foil: for a simple and tasty fish dish!
We enjoy a light but very tasty second course, trout in foil, easy to prepare and ideal for fish lovers....
Let’s prepare the babka, the Jewish cake in the shape of a braid
Babka is a leavened cake rich in taste and which is becoming more and more known also in Italy. Let's...
Chickpea cutlet: ingredients and tips for preparing a special dish
The chickpea cutlet recipe is specially designed for those looking for a delicious dish to alternate with meat or fish...