The original recipe of hot and spicy apple juice, or apple mulled, is easy to make at home, for a hot and spicy drink.
The apple brulé, or Apfelgluhwein, is a traditional recipe from Trentino. A typical product to be served hot which, in fact, is perfectly suited to winter days . Usually prepared during the Christmas holidays and on the occasion of the Epiphany, this hot apple juice from Trentino has a particular flavor. What makes it so special is the addition of some spices, such as anise, cinnamon or orange. To prepare it at home, it takes very little time, so that even the most unexpected guests can be heated. Made in this way, then, the non-alcoholic apple mulled wine is suitable for all ages.
Preparation of the recipe for apple mulled wine
- First, pour the apple juice into a saucepan.
- Flavor the liquid, adding the spices. Add the cinnamon stick and cloves, then also two tablespoons of honey.
- Wash an orange thoroughly and, using a potato peeler, remove the peel. Be careful to take only the orange part, leaving the white and bitter one.
- Also put the peel of this fruit in the juice.
- Cut the orange in half and squeeze one of the two. Pour the liquid obtained into the saucepan, together with the other ingredients, after filtering it .
- Put on the stove and bring to a boil. At this point, let it cook over low heat for 10 minutes .
- After this time, switch off. Filter the Trentino apple brulé and distribute it in glasses or pour it into a bottle, with an airtight seal.
The recipe for homemade apple mulled wine is ready in just a few steps and the result can be stored for a long time. Leave the drink in a closed bottle in the fridge for up to three months .
Alternatively, try a traditional mulled wine .
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Baccalà alla cappuccina: a rich dish of the Italian tradition
Cod alla cappuccina is a delicious dish based on fish and polenta, typical of the cuisine of Friuli and Veneto....
Blood loss before your period: what they can indicate
Bleeding before your period can be completely normal. Let's find out why it happens and how to act. When we...
Trout in foil: for a simple and tasty fish dish!
We enjoy a light but very tasty second course, trout in foil, easy to prepare and ideal for fish lovers....
Let’s prepare the babka, the Jewish cake in the shape of a braid
Babka is a leavened cake rich in taste and which is becoming more and more known also in Italy. Let's...
Chickpea cutlet: ingredients and tips for preparing a special dish
The chickpea cutlet recipe is specially designed for those looking for a delicious dish to alternate with meat or fish...