After a swim in the pool or during a shower, water can remain in the ears, a common problem. But how to get rid of it? Here are some completely natural remedies!
Water in the ears is a widespread phenomenon: it can happen during a swim in the sea, in the pool or simply during a shower. Usually the discomfort passes quickly, but when the problem continues it means that the water is stuck in the ears and we must necessarily intervene .
In addition to causing pain and impairing hearing, water can cause severe damage such as inflammation . But intervening is simple, even if we recommend that you contact an expert in this sector. Here are also some natural remedies to get rid of it.
Water in the ears: what to do?
– Force of gravity. The first remedy of all is to try to make gravity work. Then bend your head and apply pressure with your hand for a few seconds. Let go and wait for the water to come out completely from the ear.
– Chew. Chewing can also help in cases like these. The movements act on the ear and help the canal to get rid of the water that has been “trapped”.
– Olive oil. One of the most popular grandmother’s remedies, to free the ears from water: just heat a small amount of olive oil, put it in a dropper and pour it drop by drop (about 2-3) inside the ear. You must keep your head tilted and remain in this position for at least 10 minutes.
– Warm compress. Super recommended remedy to help open the Eustachian tube, which is the tube that connects the middle ear to the pharynx. Take a bowl of hot water and dip a towel in it. Squeeze it well and rest it on your ear for about 30 seconds. All always with the head tilted.
– Hair dryer. To evaporate the water from the ear, turn on the hair dryer with hot air and low flow, and place it not too close to the ear. After a few minutes, tilt your head and wait for the water to come out.
– Steam. The fumigating technique is also useful in this circumstance. The steam helps open the Eustachian tube and frees it from the water.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
What good baked lasagna with pumpkin and sausage: here’s how to prepare them!
The pumpkin and sausage lasagna recipe is perfect for those who want to prepare a delicious and inviting first course....
No planes or boats: you can taste the Ischian gypsy directly at your home!
More than a sandwich, the Ischitan gypsy is called toasted bread. Let's discover all the secrets to prepare it like...
Generalized anxiety: how to overcome the fear of living?
When do we talk about generalized anxiety? Let's see when the symptoms lead to define it as such and what...
From the pre-collections s / s 2023, the trends to steal from men’s fashion to be anticipated already this summer
We recently spotted the men's fashion trends of summer 2023 on the catwalk, to be copied to us too starting...
We enjoy kimbap, the fantastic Korean sushi
Kimbap is a Korean sushi-based dish, very easy to make and with few ingredients. Here is the simple recipe to...
Beauty1 week ago
Lip contour: what are the most effective creams and serums?
Health1 week ago
Mental fatigue, the remedies: procrastination prohibited and obligation to delegate
Health1 week ago
Tingling in the back: what it depends on and how to intervene
Fashion1 week ago
The easy, fast and glam hairstyles that will save us from the heat: the ponytail to revisit and the disheveled crop