After a swim in the pool or during a shower, water can remain in the ears, a common problem. But how to get rid of it? Here are some completely natural remedies!
Water in the ears is a widespread phenomenon: it can happen during a swim in the sea, in the pool or simply during a shower. Usually the discomfort passes quickly, but when the problem continues it means that the water is stuck in the ears and we must necessarily intervene .
In addition to causing pain and impairing hearing, water can cause severe damage such as inflammation . But intervening is simple, even if we recommend that you contact an expert in this sector. Here are also some natural remedies to get rid of it.
Water in the ears: what to do?
– Force of gravity. The first remedy of all is to try to make gravity work. Then bend your head and apply pressure with your hand for a few seconds. Let go and wait for the water to come out completely from the ear.
– Chew. Chewing can also help in cases like these. The movements act on the ear and help the canal to get rid of the water that has been “trapped”.
– Olive oil. One of the most popular grandmother’s remedies, to free the ears from water: just heat a small amount of olive oil, put it in a dropper and pour it drop by drop (about 2-3) inside the ear. You must keep your head tilted and remain in this position for at least 10 minutes.
– Warm compress. Super recommended remedy to help open the Eustachian tube, which is the tube that connects the middle ear to the pharynx. Take a bowl of hot water and dip a towel in it. Squeeze it well and rest it on your ear for about 30 seconds. All always with the head tilted.
– Hair dryer. To evaporate the water from the ear, turn on the hair dryer with hot air and low flow, and place it not too close to the ear. After a few minutes, tilt your head and wait for the water to come out.
– Steam. The fumigating technique is also useful in this circumstance. The steam helps open the Eustachian tube and frees it from the water.
ultimo aggiornamento: 12-08-2020