After a swim in the pool or during a shower, water may remain in the ears, a common problem. But how to get rid of it? Here are some completely natural remedies!
Water in the ears is a widespread phenomenon: it can happen during a swim in the sea, in the pool or simply during a shower. Usually the annoyance passes quickly, but when the problem continues, it means that the water has remained blocked in the ears and we must necessarily intervene .
In addition to causing pain and impaired hearing ability, water can cause serious damage such as inflammation . But intervening is simple, although we recommend that you contact an expert in this sector. Here are also some natural remedies to get rid of them.
Water in the ears: what to do?
– Force of gravity. The first remedy is to try to force gravity. Then bend your head and apply pressure with your hand for a few seconds. Leave and wait for the water to come out completely from the ear.
– Chew. Chewing can also help in cases like these. The movements act on the ear and help the canal get rid of the water that has been “trapped”.
– Olive oil. One of the most popular grandmother’s remedies, to free the ears from water: just heat a small amount of olive oil, insert it in a dropper and pour it drop by drop (about 2-3) into the ear. You must keep your head tilted and remain in this position for at least 10 minutes.
– Warm compress. Super recommended remedy to help open the Eustachian tube, or the duct that connects the middle ear to the pharynx. Take a bowl of hot water and dip a towel. Wring it out well and place it on your ear for about 30 seconds. All always with an inclined head.
– Hair dryer. To evaporate the water from the ear, turn on the hairdryer with hot air and low flow, and place it not too close to the ear. After a few minutes, tilt your head and wait for the water to come out.
– Steam. The suffumigi technique is also useful in this circumstance. The steam helps to open the Eustachian tube and releases it from the water.