Biscoff cake is an easy cake with a refined look. Try it to discover the caramelized flavor given by the Lotus biscuits and cream.
There are desserts that conquer with their refined appearance and there are others that stand out above all for their flavor. The biscoff cake embodies both characteristics and once you try it you will discover a particular combination of flavors that you will no longer be able to give up.
It is in fact a dessert with the flavor of Lotus biscuit , typical English and with a caramelized taste. To this is added the Lotus cream, spreadable and creamy. The result is a cold cake without cooking , perfect to serve as a dessert even on the most important occasions. Don’t be fooled by the refined appearance, preparing it is not that difficult.
How to prepare the biscoff cake recipe
- First, grind the Lotus biscuits into powder, blending them with a food processor.
- Melt the butter in a double boiler, add it to the biscuits and mix well.
- Pour everything on the bottom of a 20 cm diameter springform pan and press well to obtain a uniform and compact layer.
- Transfer to the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the cream: combine the cream , mascarpone and Lotus cream in a bowl and whisk with electric whisk until it is frothy.
- Soak the gelatine in cold water for 10 minutes, then dissolve it in slightly warmed milk .
- Add it to the previous mixture and mix well.
- Pour the cream onto the now cold base, level it and transfer back to the refrigerator , this time for 5 hours.
- About an hour before removing the cake from the oven, prepare the caramel. Dissolve the sugar with the water in a saucepan, without stirring or lumps will form.
- Once you get an amber color and a fluid consistency, remove from the heat and add the cream slowly, stirring with a spoon.
- Put back on the fire to thicken. It will take a few minutes.
- Let it cool then pour it over the cake,
- Decorate the surface with cookies and crumble some to create a light sandblast.
Try this cake and you won’t regret it! Alternatively, we recommend you try our muffin recipe : exquisite!
The biscoff cake can be kept in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. We advise you to serve it very cold.
Sausage and mushrooms in a pan: a second dish loved by everyone!
For a dish full of flavors, we propose a second course with sausage and mushrooms, to be prepared in a...
Baked cauliflower scented with sage
A seasonal and easy to prepare side dish: baked cauliflower with béchamel scented with sage, perfect to accompany meat dishes....
Tired of the usual side dishes? Try the spinach alla romana
If you don’t know how to cook spinach then this recipe with raisins and pine nuts is perfect for you....
It’s good, soft and simple to make: it’s the legendary focaccia with onions!
Impossible to resist the scent of a freshly baked pan of focaccia with onions. Let’s find out how to prepare...
Embroidered polo shirts: precious allies at work and in your free time
Embroidered polo shirts help to create unique outfits and create personalized clothing for work: how to order them online quickly...
Recipes1 week ago
Salmon nigiri: sushi at your home in a few steps
Food1 week ago
All about tamarind: its beneficial effects, its contraindications and how to use it
Recipes1 week ago
French bread miche: “It’s always noon” gives us an ancient recipe
Fashion1 week ago
Voce Viva, the new fragrance by Valentino: Lady Gaga is the voice and face for the maison