The sweet streamers are a typical Carnival recipe that in appearance recalls the classic paper ribbons to blow.
Among the multitude of Carnival sweets that begin to pop up practically immediately after the Epiphany, there is one little known that is often set aside in the belief that preparing it is too difficult and laborious. We’re talking about sweet streamers, an easy recipe actually, perfect for making this party even more fun and colorful.
To prepare Carnival streamers, a meal similar to that of chiacchiere colored with food coloring (or left in its original color) is used. It is then cut into rather thin strips, rolled into a steel tube and deep fried in oil. After all, what would Carnival be without fried sweets?
How to make the recipe for sparklers
- The sweet streamers are really simple to prepare and you can proceed by hand or in a planetary mixer equipped with a dough hook. Put the flour, egg, sugar, butter, liqueur (grappa, limoncello and Strega liqueur are fine), vanilla extract and grated citrus peel in a bowl.
- Knead until you get a homogeneous dough then let it rest under a covered bowl for half an hour .
- Divide the dough into as many parts as you want to make and add a few drops of gel dye to each one.
- Knead in order to distribute it well .
- Roll out the dough with the pasta machine until it reaches a thickness of 2 mm .
- Then obtain 1 cm wide strips with a knife or directly with the special pasta extruder (the tagliatelle one is fine too).
- Grease the steel tubes and roll a strip of dough on each one.
- Fry them in seed oil at 180 ° C until crispy then drain the fried streamers with a slotted spoon and pass them on absorbent paper.
- Serve them decorating as desired with a sprinkling of icing sugar.
With the leftover dough you can prepare both confetti and sweet streamers. Just use a small pastry ring to obtain discs which will then be fried in oil, taking care not to burn them. Also, if you don’t have tubulars available, you can roll up the strips on themselves and then proceed with frying: they will still be excellent.
Frying requires a fair amount of effort also because desserts are fried a few at a time, also compatibly with the number of tubulars you have available. For this, but also to get a light recipe, we advise you to try the baked sweet streamers. Once the dough has been prepared and cut into strips, wrap it on the tubes and bake it in the oven at 180 ° C for 10 minutes . Serve by completing with icing sugar. In this way you will have very fast sweet streamers to prepare.
We also invite you to take a look at the other carnival sweets we have made for you. You won’t know where to start as they are good!
Carnival streamers can be stored in a tin box for 2-3 days . Besides they tend to lose their characteristic crunchiness.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Second hand for Christmas gifts? From abroad, the trend that Gen Z likes
Economical and sustainable, the second hand could be the new solution for Christmas gifts. The relationship of consumers and the...
Christmas broccoli: the traditional recipe for holidays
The recipe for Christmas broccoli, an air of celebration on the tables of Christmas Eve or lunch on December 25th....
Catawiki launches the “House of Gucci” auction to tell the story of the maison
To warm the wait for House of Gucci, the history, objects and collections of the house are up for auction...
Have you ever heard of lemon salad?
If you are looking for a light side dish to accompany your richer main courses, the lemon salad is the...
Wheat: why it forms and how to fix it
The wheal is an allergic type manifestation typical of urticaria. Find out how it comes, what it depends on and...
Recipes6 days ago
Homemade vegan pandoro, sweet and tasty
Recipes1 week ago
Gluten-free chestnut ravioli with artichokes
Recipes1 week ago
Vegan Pad Thai: a traditional Thai recipe!
Fashion1 week ago
From “Return to Tiffany” to “Return to Supreme”: how the partnership between the two brands was born