Find out what you should do before working out and how to reach the perfect balance among proteins, carbohydrates and mineral salts.
The right diet is fundamental to perform better at the gym. Therefore, it is very important to eat well both before and after exercising. By following some tips, you will feel less tired, without abdominal pains or dizziness.
Eating in the right way and in the right moment you will manage to give your body what it needs to balance the energies you lose during the workout. Let’s see what to eat before going to the gym and what you should and shouldn’t do before exercising.
What to do before the gym
– Eat food rich in starch: they boost your energies. Choose wholewheat pasta and bread, together with cooked or raw vegetables.
– Take a high amount of fibers by eating fish and meat, but with great moderation, or you will slow your digestion down.
– A piece of chocolate before working out helps boosting your energies and stimulates endorphins.
– Stretching is fundamental for a better workout, but also to avoid strains.
– Make an energetic drink, rich in vitamins and mineral salts, in order to boost them after your workout.
What to avoid before the gym
– Do not skip meals. It is fundamental to have breakfast, in order to activate your metabolism. If you are going to the gym during your lunch break or before dinner, remember to have a snack three hours before.
– Do not eat too much. Eat every meal with great moderation and choose light and nourishing foods. At lunch and dinner, do not always eat first and second course and sides, but arrange them between the two meals. For what concerns snacks, do not let the happy hour or a sandwich tempt you!
– No soft drinks or alcohol. Carbon dioxide and alcohol are not intestine friends. Moreover, they are not recommended when you go to the gym. They strain intestine and liver!
– No milk and derivatives. They are not easy to digest and they are rich in sugar. They would make your digestion long and heavy, other than causing abdominal pains, nausea and vomit.
– Avoid sexual intercourse before an intense workout, because it can reduce your energies.
Photo source: https://pixabay.com/it/donna-estate-stile-di-vita-natura-3295415/, https://pixabay.com/it/photos/persone-donna-ragazza-yoga-jas-2557534/
ultimo aggiornamento: 23-04-2019