The savory crumble is a great side dish, easy to customize according to the seasons. Here is our easy recipe for making it.
The crumble is a typical preparation of Anglo-Saxon cuisine usually prepared in the sweet version with apples and crumbled shortcrust pastry cover. Today we want to prepare a savory crumble using the same technique but creating a base of vegetables and a crunchy and tasty topping.
The savory crumble with the recipe that we are about to propose is perfect as a side dish for all your dishes, no one forbids you to vary according to the season and create a different crumble every time. Ready to discover all the steps to make the savory crumble with the basic recipe?
How to prepare the savory crumble recipe
- First, take care of the vegetables. Wash them well under running water then remove the aubergines and courgettes from the ends.
- Reduce them into evenly sized chunks (about 2 cm) and transfer them to a pan with oil .
- Add the tomatoes cut into spools, the peas and the sliced onion .
- Season with a pinch of salt , one of pepper and cook for 10 minutes, perfuming with oregano only at the end.
- Pour the vegetables into the bottom of a pan suitable for cooking in the oven.
- Prepare the crumble topping by combining the plain and almond flour , the Parmesan cheese , a pinch of salt and the cold butter in a bowl.
- Knead with your fingertips until you get a rather coarse crumbled mixture.
- Spread it over the vegetables and bake at 180 ° C for 40 minutes.
- Serve your crumble hot or slightly warm.
This idea can also be exploited by using other types of vegetables. In autumn, for example, you can prepare a savory crumble with diced pumpkin (maximum 1 cm to obtain even cooking), mushrooms, chestnuts and parsley. In winter, however, broccoli, cauliflower and potatoes will provide you with a truly delicious side dish. In this case we advise you to steam them first for 5-6 minutes, so as to make them more tender. Spring, on the other hand, is the period of the first fruits so why not choose peas, green beans and carrots? In short, you will have understood that there is no limit to the imagination, not even when it comes to crumble jump.
If you like our ideas, also try the classic sweet crumble and you will feel what a delight.
The salty crumble should be consumed at the moment because over time the humidity of the vegetables leads to the loss of crunchiness of the covering. However, if you have any leftovers, you can place it in the refrigerator and reheat it in the oven before consuming it. 20 minutes at 180 ° C will suffice .
Sausage and mushrooms in a pan: a second dish loved by everyone!
For a dish full of flavors, we propose a second course with sausage and mushrooms, to be prepared in a...
Baked cauliflower scented with sage
A seasonal and easy to prepare side dish: baked cauliflower with béchamel scented with sage, perfect to accompany meat dishes....
Tired of the usual side dishes? Try the spinach alla romana
If you don’t know how to cook spinach then this recipe with raisins and pine nuts is perfect for you....
It’s good, soft and simple to make: it’s the legendary focaccia with onions!
Impossible to resist the scent of a freshly baked pan of focaccia with onions. Let’s find out how to prepare...
Embroidered polo shirts: precious allies at work and in your free time
Embroidered polo shirts help to create unique outfits and create personalized clothing for work: how to order them online quickly...
Recipes1 week ago
Salmon nigiri: sushi at your home in a few steps
Food1 week ago
All about tamarind: its beneficial effects, its contraindications and how to use it
Recipes1 week ago
French bread miche: “It’s always noon” gives us an ancient recipe
Fashion1 week ago
Voce Viva, the new fragrance by Valentino: Lady Gaga is the voice and face for the maison