In case of celiac disease, preparing gluten-free tigella is the only solution. Here are our tips to have them perfect with and without a tigelliera.
The tigelle are a kind of focaccina typical of the Modenese cuisine. Although it would be more correct to call them crescentine, over time we have ended up identifying them with the name of the mold used for cooking. What we have decided to do is transform the recipe and prepare the gluten-free tigelle so that even those who suffer from intolerance can appreciate the taste.
In fact, it is really difficult to resist gluten-free tigelle: the possibility of stuffing them with every good thing is certainly the feature that makes them so captivating and convivial. As with all leavened recipes, even tigelle for celiacs must be prepared with a special mix of gluten-free flours suitable for bread making. Otherwise the dough would not be able to rise. By now, however, they are on the market in all supermarkets and to prepare them you can use the one with which you are best.
How to prepare gluten-free tigelle with the easy recipe
- Heat the milk (or water in case of lactose intolerance) and once it is lukewarm, dissolve the yeast.
- Pour everything directly onto the flour placed in a bowl, add a pinch of salt and oil and start kneading.
- As soon as a loaf has formed, finish working briefly on the pastry board and then put it to rise , still in the bowl, for an hour .
- After the rising time, roll out the dough to a thickness of half a centimeter .
- With a pastry cutter of the diameter you prefer (the ideal would be 9 cm ) get your tigelle.
- If you have the special mold known as a tigelliera for cooking, heat it on the stove then insert a tigella for each hollow and close. Cook over low heat until a crust has formed, then turn and continue cooking on the other side as well.
- If you do not have this utensil, you can cook the tigelle in a non-stick pan for a couple of minutes on each side, until they are golden brown.
- Serve hot, keeping them covered with a cloth in a bread basket, along with cheeses, cold cuts, oil and pickles.
Also try our gluten-free piadina and you will make a real dip in the cuisine of Emilia Romagna, also suitable for the intolerant.
The tigelle have a fairly easy and quick recipe, they are good just made, however if you have any leftovers you can freeze them in the freezer bags or keep them for a day in a paper bag . In this case, reheat them in a pan, oven or toaster before serving. You can also freeze them separately in the freezer and then store them in a special frost bag.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
To the north of Italy with the delicious Piedmontese mixed fried fish!
Suitable as a main course or as a single dish, this is what must not be missing in the original...
Vegan and sugar-free chestnuts: the recipe for everyone
The vegan and sugar-free castagnaccio is a reinterpretation of the traditional recipe that makes this dessert suitable for everyone and...
Respiratory insufficiency: how to recognize it and what to do when it occurs
Respiratory failure occurs when the respiratory system is unable to maintain the ratio of oxygen to carbon dioxide, causing the...
Christmas appetizers: the best recipes to bring to the table during the holidays
Delicious Christmas appetizers? Meat, fish, vegetables, hot and cold, we have something for all tastes: here are the recipes for...
Mulled wine, the super fragrant drink that warms up the coldest days
Ingredients and recipe for mulled wine, a very easy drink to make, very fragrant and perfect to serve on the...
Fashion1 week ago
The trends of summer 2022 that will be impossible to resist: fashion revival, bright colors and romantic laces
Health1 week ago
Cholinergic urticaria: what it is, how to recognize it and how to treat it
Fashion1 week ago
Old Money Style: the look of the American way of life goes crazy on Tik Tok
Recipes1 week ago
Homemade, fragrant and delicious: but it’s the olive bread!