Ingredients and recipe to prepare the Wiener Schnitzel, a specialty of Viennese cuisine, also very popular in Germany and South Tyrol!
It is usually thought that Wiener Schnitzel and schnitzel are the same thing, but below we offer you the recipe to prepare one of the symbolic dishes of Austrian cuisine and that you can also find in some areas of South Tyrol. The exact translation of the name of the recipe is Viennese schnitzel, but compared to the schnitzel we know, this dish is prepared with very thin slices of veal, or even pork and is accompanied by potato salad and cranberry preserves. Now we reveal how to prepare this dish that will make both adults and children go crazy.
Preparation of the wienerschnitzel with jam
- Take the veal slices, remove any nerves and, if necessary, beat them with a meat tenderizer.
- Flour the slices of meat then beat the eggs in a deep dish with salt and pepper.
- Pass the floured veal slices first in beaten eggs and then in breadcrumbs.
- Put the clarified butter in a large pan, place on the stove and let it heat up well.
- Add the breaded cutlets and brown on both sides.
- When cooked, lift the cutlets with the help of a fork and place them on a plate lined with kitchen paper.
- Serve the cutlets with a side dish of your choice and with red fruit jam. Enjoy your meal!
Alternatively, we recommend the veal meatloaf recipe.
These Viennese cutlets, being fried, should be eaten as soon as they are ready and still hot. If you can’t finish them all, you can keep them for a maximum of 1 day in the refrigerator, well covered with cling film. If you have used all fresh ingredients you can also freeze them in the freezer just after cooking and waiting for cooling. You just need to heat them in the oven if necessary.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Baccalà alla cappuccina: a rich dish of the Italian tradition
Cod alla cappuccina is a delicious dish based on fish and polenta, typical of the cuisine of Friuli and Veneto....
Blood loss before your period: what they can indicate
Bleeding before your period can be completely normal. Let's find out why it happens and how to act. When we...
Trout in foil: for a simple and tasty fish dish!
We enjoy a light but very tasty second course, trout in foil, easy to prepare and ideal for fish lovers....
Let’s prepare the babka, the Jewish cake in the shape of a braid
Babka is a leavened cake rich in taste and which is becoming more and more known also in Italy. Let's...
Chickpea cutlet: ingredients and tips for preparing a special dish
The chickpea cutlet recipe is specially designed for those looking for a delicious dish to alternate with meat or fish...