Cream of pumpkin soup with garlic croutons: a genuine dish full of flavor. Here’s how to prepare it, even with the Thermomix!
The pumpkin soup with croutons is a very simple dish to prepare. In this preparation, in addition to pumpkin, potatoes are also used, perfect for giving the velvety a creamy consistency.
Below you will find two recipes: the classic one and the one with the Thermomix!
Preparation of the creamy pumpkin soup with croutons
- To prepare the pumpkin puree, start by peeling the pumpkin, cut the pulp into cubes then peel the potatoes and cut them into cubes too. Peel the onion and slice it thinly. Transfer the onion to a large pot and brown with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Add the pumpkin and potatoes, mix and leave to flavor for a few minutes then add the vegetable broth to cover the vegetables, season with salt according to your taste then close with the lid and cook for 30 minutes .
- After the cooking time, blend with the immersion blender in order to obtain a homogeneous mixture. Temporarily keep aside and in the meantime prepare the croutons.
- Cut the bread into cubes or slices according to the bread you have decided to use, place a pan on the stove and when the bottom is hot add the bread and the crushed poached garlic.
- Skip the bread so that it becomes beautifully colored then serve the pumpkin puree hot, add the croutons and finish with a sprinkling of thyme. Enjoy your meal!
Preparation of pumpkin soup with Thermomix
If you prefer, you can prepare the pumpkin soup with the Thermomix : insert the chopped onion and oil in the thermomix jug, then operate at speed 4 at 100 ° C for 3 minutes.
Add the pumpkin and the diced potatoes, blend quickly at turbo speed then add the broth and cook for 20 minutes at speed 1 at 100 ° C. After cooking, add salt and prepare the croutons as indicated above.
This is a version, otherwise you can try the original pumpkin soup recipe !
This recipe can be kept for about 2-3 days in the refrigerator, inside a container with an airtight lid. Croutons are also kept for the same time in a cool, dry place away from heat sources (better than in a special food bag). We do not recommend freezing for both in the freezer.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Scallops au gratin, a delicious and refined appetizer
Baked scallops au gratin are a refined and delicious fish appetizer, perfect to bring to the table to make a...
Nail shape: which one to choose among the many types?
Rounded? Almond? Let’s see how to choose the right nail shape, based on your needs and the shape of your...
Second hand for Christmas gifts? From abroad, the trend that Gen Z likes
Economical and sustainable, the second hand could be the new solution for Christmas gifts. The relationship of consumers and the...
Christmas broccoli: the traditional recipe for holidays
The recipe for Christmas broccoli, an air of celebration on the tables of Christmas Eve or lunch on December 25th....
Catawiki launches the “House of Gucci” auction to tell the story of the maison
To warm the wait for House of Gucci, the history, objects and collections of the house are up for auction...