In a simple way, we prepare a very particular and fragrant first course: orange risotto. Here is the quick recipe and the ingredients you need.
Many times it is simplicity itself that amazes. Orange risotto looks like a very refined and alternative dish, but its preparation is very easy. The main ingredient does all the work, because its peel gives off the elegant aroma and its juice gives texture to the broth . Accompanied by a few other ingredients, such as white wine and cheese, this fruit is able to make a classic and simple first course special. With this, you can enrich any lunch or dinner and amaze all guests.
Let’s fasten our aprons and move straight to the kitchen!
Preparation of orange risotto
- First, prepare 1 liter of vegetable broth.
- Wash the oranges and remove the peel from one of the two , using a potato peeler. Be careful not to take away the white part.
- Squeeze the fruit pulp with a juicer and collect the juice.
- Chop the onion and put it in a pan. Add the oil and fry.
- Add the rice and cook for about 10 minutes . During this time, pour in the white wine and let it evaporate.
- Then, add the orange juice.
- A few minutes before the end of cooking, add the vegetable broth and fruit peel.
- Season with chives, salt and pepper. After cooking, enrich with grated Grana Padano, a knob of butter and mix.
- Recover the pulp of the other orange (previously set aside) and cut it into pieces. Spread the rice on the plates and use the pulp to decorate.
Orange rice is a delicious, fragrant and colorful first course that will delight any type of palate. If left over, you can keep it in the fridge , covered, for a maximum of 1 day .
An excellent alternative to this dish is lemon and agretti risotto .
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Baccalà alla cappuccina: a rich dish of the Italian tradition
Cod alla cappuccina is a delicious dish based on fish and polenta, typical of the cuisine of Friuli and Veneto....
Blood loss before your period: what they can indicate
Bleeding before your period can be completely normal. Let's find out why it happens and how to act. When we...
Trout in foil: for a simple and tasty fish dish!
We enjoy a light but very tasty second course, trout in foil, easy to prepare and ideal for fish lovers....
Let’s prepare the babka, the Jewish cake in the shape of a braid
Babka is a leavened cake rich in taste and which is becoming more and more known also in Italy. Let's...
Chickpea cutlet: ingredients and tips for preparing a special dish
The chickpea cutlet recipe is specially designed for those looking for a delicious dish to alternate with meat or fish...