If you are looking for a perfect first course for special occasions, risotto alla zarina, prepared with salmon, cream and lumpfish roe, is the right recipe.
Risotto alla tsarina was first prepared to celebrate the visit to Italy of the Tsarina of Russia, Maria Alexandrovna. It contains all those ingredients that, in the collective imagination, represent Soviet cuisine: smoked salmon, cream, vodka and lumpfish roe . A recipe perhaps a bit stereotyped therefore, very popular in the 80s but it can be dusted off for some particular occasion.
For example, the czarina rice is perfect for the most special occasions , such as Christmas dinners, but also to satisfy the palates of the most demanding guests. Risotto alla zarina bianco is refined, tasty and well creamed . After all, it could not be otherwise with cream. Ready to discover all the steps to prepare it?
How to prepare the recipe for risotto alla zarina
- First, finely chop the shallot and brown it in a pan with the oil and a pinch of salt .
- Once tender and transparent, add the rice and toast it for a few minutes over a high flame.
- Deglaze with the vodka and when you no longer smell alcohol rising from the pan, cover flush with the boiling broth. In fact, for a perfectly cooked risotto it is very important that the broth is always added a little at a time, so as to cover it just a little, and that it is always hot so as not to block cooking.
- The risotto will be ready after about 16-18 minutes , depending on the variety of rice used.
- Add, off the heat, the salmon cut into strips, the cream and a teaspoon of lumpfish roe . Stir well and season with salt only at this moment: the salmon and eggs are in fact very savory.
- Serve immediately garnishing with more lumpfish roe .
The traditional recipe involves the use of caviar , widely used in Russia, but we can guarantee that our variant has nothing to envy. Furthermore, if you liked this recipe, you will surely appreciate our salmon risotto , simpler but still ideal for all occasions.
We will never tire of telling you that risotto should be eaten freshly made , creamy and on the wave and this is certainly no exception. If you have any leftovers, leave it in the fridge for a maximum of 1 day and heat it in a pan over low heat adding a little butter or milk to make it creamy again.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
To the north of Italy with the delicious Piedmontese mixed fried fish!
Suitable as a main course or as a single dish, this is what must not be missing in the original...
Vegan and sugar-free chestnuts: the recipe for everyone
The vegan and sugar-free castagnaccio is a reinterpretation of the traditional recipe that makes this dessert suitable for everyone and...
Respiratory insufficiency: how to recognize it and what to do when it occurs
Respiratory failure occurs when the respiratory system is unable to maintain the ratio of oxygen to carbon dioxide, causing the...
Christmas appetizers: the best recipes to bring to the table during the holidays
Delicious Christmas appetizers? Meat, fish, vegetables, hot and cold, we have something for all tastes: here are the recipes for...
Mulled wine, the super fragrant drink that warms up the coldest days
Ingredients and recipe for mulled wine, a very easy drink to make, very fragrant and perfect to serve on the...
Fashion1 week ago
The trends of summer 2022 that will be impossible to resist: fashion revival, bright colors and romantic laces
Fashion1 week ago
Old Money Style: the look of the American way of life goes crazy on Tik Tok
Health1 week ago
Cholinergic urticaria: what it is, how to recognize it and how to treat it
Recipes1 week ago
Homemade, fragrant and delicious: but it’s the olive bread!