Today we prepare pumpkin lasagna. Here is a natural and genuine recipe for a vegetarian first course perfect for the autumn season.
Today we see how to prepare pumpkin lasagna, a perfect first course to prepare during the fall, when it is possible to find fresh seasonal pumpkins. The yellow squash, harvested in autumn, can also be stored throughout the winter and is an excellent ingredient for many dishes, from first courses to desserts.
This is a basic recipe that can be enriched according to your taste : we recommend you also try the pumpkin and mushroom lasagna, simply adding 150 g of sautéed mushrooms between the layers !
Preparation of pumpkin lasagna
- Start by cleaning the onion well, then slice it thinly and cut the pumpkin into cubes of the same size. Take a large pan, place it on the stove and heat a little oil, add the onion and sauté for a couple of minutes over high heat.
- When the onion has become transparent, add the diced pumpkin, mix and cover the pan with the lid and dedicate yourself to the bechamel while the pumpkin cooks for about 7-8 minutes.
- For the bechamel, start by taking a saucepan and making the roux . Put the flour and butter in the saucepan over medium / low heat , remembering to continue stirring.
- When the roux begins to lightly color and detach from the edges, add the milk slowly while continuing to mix.
- Let the béchamel cook until it thickens and without stopping stirring with a ladle or a hand whisk (important to avoid lumps ).
- Add a grating of nutmeg, then add part of the pumpkin in the béchamel and mix well.
- Now move on to the composition of the lasagna: take a ceramic or glass pan and pour a drizzle of oil on the bottom, cover with a layer of béchamel and pumpkin a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese and cover with a layer of pasta, cover again with the béchamel and continue forming all the layers until you finish all the ingredients at your disposal.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 220 ° C and cook for 10-15 minutes.
- When cooked, remove from the oven and serve the lasagna hot, enjoy your meal!
If you love this vegetable , we recommend that you also try all our recipes with pumpkin . Or, alternatively, here are all our best lasagna recipes ! What do you think, then, to also try our white lasagna ?
Primo Chef’s advice on how to make the perfect pumpkin lasagna
We don’t have many secrets for this recipe, but we want to remind you that the quality of the ingredients is essential for the success of the dish. As you know, pumpkin is a basically sweet vegetable, which is why we can advise you to combine it with a very savory product , such as a few more handfuls of grated cheese, or some shelled and browned sausage in a pan, or even cubes of toasted bacon or speck. Not only that, as a combination there is a few flakes of spicy gorgonzola to be inserted in each layer (and at the end), but without exaggerating.
Finally, we recommend, as proposed in our recipe , to make the béchamel at home and not to buy it ready at home.
The recipe for pumpkin lasagna foresees that they can be kept in the refrigerator for 2-3 days , well covered with cling film (Indeed it seems that even in this version they are much tastier heated the next day). If you have used fresh ingredients you can also freeze them in the freezer when cooked and heat them in the oven when needed.
Sausage and mushrooms in a pan: a second dish loved by everyone!
For a dish full of flavors, we propose a second course with sausage and mushrooms, to be prepared in a...
Baked cauliflower scented with sage
A seasonal and easy to prepare side dish: baked cauliflower with béchamel scented with sage, perfect to accompany meat dishes....
Tired of the usual side dishes? Try the spinach alla romana
If you don’t know how to cook spinach then this recipe with raisins and pine nuts is perfect for you....
It’s good, soft and simple to make: it’s the legendary focaccia with onions!
Impossible to resist the scent of a freshly baked pan of focaccia with onions. Let’s find out how to prepare...
Embroidered polo shirts: precious allies at work and in your free time
Embroidered polo shirts help to create unique outfits and create personalized clothing for work: how to order them online quickly...
Recipes1 week ago
Salmon nigiri: sushi at your home in a few steps
Food1 week ago
All about tamarind: its beneficial effects, its contraindications and how to use it
Recipes1 week ago
French bread miche: “It’s always noon” gives us an ancient recipe
Fashion1 week ago
Voce Viva, the new fragrance by Valentino: Lady Gaga is the voice and face for the maison