With or without bechamel, vegan cauliflower au gratin is one of those side dish recipes perfect for all occasions.
With the arrival of the first cold, experimenting with new recipes with cauliflower is a must. Today we thought of preparing vegan cauliflower au gratin in two versions . The first is our favorite because it involves the use of vegan béchamel , while the second, equally tasty, is lighter and perfect for those who are attentive to the line.
Preparing vegan baked cauliflower au gratin is really simple and doesn’t require a lot of effort. Boil the cauliflower or, better yet, steam it, prepare a béchamel and then transfer everything to the oven . You can also prepare it in advance and keep it in the refrigerator until just before you sit at the table. Easy right? Let’s see together the detailed steps to prepare cauliflower au gratin with and without bechamel.
How to prepare the vegan cauliflower au gratin recipe
- First wash the cauliflower well under running water then remove the florets with a knife.
- Steam them for about 15 minutes or until they are tender but compact or boil them, always paying attention not to overcook them.
- While the vegetables are cooking, prepare the sauce you will need to make the cauliflower au gratin with vegan béchamel. Put the oil and flour in a saucepan and cook until it has taken on a hazelnut color .
- Pour in the sugar-free soy milk, stirring with a whisk to avoid lumps and season with salt and nutmeg.
- Let the béchamel cook for 10 minutes after boiling or until it has thickened.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a pan suitable for cooking in the oven, season with the béchamel and spread over the surface of the breadcrumbs.
- Grill for 10 minutes at 200 ° C and serve hot.
If, on the other hand, you want to prepare a light oven-baked cauliflower then we advise you to omit the béchamel sauce. Simply, once boiled or steamed, place it in a pan suitable for cooking in the oven, sprinkle it with breadcrumbs and, to taste vegan parmesan , and gratin. Cauliflower au gratin without bechamel is really great!
You can keep the cauliflower au gratin in the refrigerator for a couple of days , well covered, both before and after it is baked. We do not recommend freezing in the freezer.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Baccalà alla cappuccina: a rich dish of the Italian tradition
Cod alla cappuccina is a delicious dish based on fish and polenta, typical of the cuisine of Friuli and Veneto....
Blood loss before your period: what they can indicate
Bleeding before your period can be completely normal. Let's find out why it happens and how to act. When we...
Trout in foil: for a simple and tasty fish dish!
We enjoy a light but very tasty second course, trout in foil, easy to prepare and ideal for fish lovers....
Let’s prepare the babka, the Jewish cake in the shape of a braid
Babka is a leavened cake rich in taste and which is becoming more and more known also in Italy. Let's...
Chickpea cutlet: ingredients and tips for preparing a special dish
The chickpea cutlet recipe is specially designed for those looking for a delicious dish to alternate with meat or fish...