Everything about the zone diet: the weekly menu, its features abd its benefits. Here’s how it works!
The zone diet was invented by Barry Sears, that after long and careful studies, created what should be the perfect menu for the well-being of our body. In other words, the body should take 40% of carbohydrates, 30% of proteins and 30% of fats. In this way, you can reduce body fat, but not only. Other than giving actual results, this diet could prevent many diseases, especially cardiovascular and autoimmune ones, and diabetes.
In short, we are talking about a real lifestyle: let’s find out more!
An example of zone diet recipes and foods
As we said, this diet is designed to provide our body the right amount of energy to face the day, in order to never be hungry and to get back in shape. These are the reasons why you should thoroughly follow all its directions.
What is the zone diet program? First of all, the meals are 5 in total: breakfast, lunch and dinner, plus 2 snacks. The main 3 meals should be consumed after 5 hours from the other. In this way, the body should produce good hormones, limiting the bad ones.
Following there is an example of a day of diet, that you can extend to the week just by varying foods:
• Breakfast: coffee and 3/4 oat biscuits
• Snack: one low-fat yogurt
• Lunch: Fish (200 g), vegetables (250/300 g), 1 small sandwich and 1 fruit
• Afternoon snack: 100 g of fruits with cheese or crackers
• Dinner: white meat (120 g), vegetables (160 g), 1 small sandwich and a fruit
Does the zone diet work?
As for all diets, to see the results you need to associate it with physical activity. Moroever, for this particular type of diet you need to follow some basic rules to make it work. For example:
• Always weight your food and thoroughly follow the zone diet.
• In order for the diet to work, try and avoid alcohol, soft drinks, sweets and pasta.
• Eat fruits and vegetables with a low glycemic index.
In conclusion, we can say that the zone diet is a rather balanced food programme, but we suggest you to see your doctor and nutritionist.
Learn everything about the Plank diet!
Photo source: https://pixabay.com/it/insalata-cucina-pensione-cibo-sano-498203/
ultimo aggiornamento: 05-01-2019