The recipe for zucchini and saffron risotto is really simple, fast and perfect for all occasions. Here’s how we prepare it.
There is nothing better than a risotto to give vent to your imagination . In a few steps and without trying long and complex preparations, this category of recipes gives great satisfaction and the zucchini and saffron risotto is certainly no less.
Perfect for both family dinners and more formal dinners , the yellow risotto with courgettes is prepared in the same way as a classic saffron risotto except for the addition of courgettes that give the dish a pleasant sweet note . We combine them cut into chunks and let them cook together with the rice, so as to further speed up the recipe. Here are all the steps to prepare it!
How to prepare the recipe for zucchini and saffron risotto
- To make the zucchini and saffron rice first finely chop the shallot and brown it in a pan thick-bottomed with two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and a pinch of salt.
- As soon as it is transparent, add the rice and toast it for 2 minutes until it is translucent.
- In the meantime, wash the courgettes , remove the ends and cut them lengthwise into four first and then into slices.
- Add them to the rice, stir and let it brown for another minute.
- At this point, start the actual cooking by pouring as much boiling broth as needed to cover the rice flush.
- Bring it to cooking (it will take from 15 to 20 minutes depending on the variety), adding the broth a little at a time, always hot, just to cover the level of the rice.
- About 5 minutes before the end of cooking, take a ladle of broth and melt the saffron inside before adding it to the pot.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- When cooked, turn off and remove from the heat, then stir in the grated Parmesan cheese and serve.
As with all risottos, this too should be enjoyed freshly made, hot, steaming and creamy.
The zucchini and saffron risotto should be eaten as soon as it is done, however, if you have any leftovers, you can keep it in the refrigerator for 2-3 days and then reheat it in a pan or in the microwave.