Enjoy your moment of relaxation with the mojito granita: it will refresh the hottest evenings in the company of your friends.
The best thing to do on hot summer evenings is to cool off with a pleasant thirst-quenching drink. Here comes the mojito, mint and lime granita, a fusion between the classic granita and the most appreciated cocktail of excellence. The meeting of the sweetness of mint with the penetrating taste of rum will create a perfect dessert for a fresh aperitif.
It is an idea to serve as a welcome cocktail or as an original dessert at the end of a meal: in any case, we assure you that your guests will appreciate! You can make this recipe with easily available ingredients, and in no time you will give your table a truly refined and refreshing touch .
Preparation of the mojito granita recipe
- Cut the peel of the limes avoiding the white part that would make the taste of the cocktail too bitter.
- In a saucepan, pour the water, sugar and lime zest and turn on the heat over medium heat .
- Stir until the sugar has dissolved, then turn off the heat and let it cool for 10 minutes .
- Squeeze the limes and lemon by filtering their juice to remove the seeds.
- Pour them into a large bowl and add the syrup prepared by removing the lime zest.
- Also add the rum and the finely chopped mint leaves and mix carefully.
- Transfer the bowl to the freezer and let it rest for 3 hours .
- After the time has elapsed, take the bowl back and with a fork break the ice crystals that will have formed.
- Mix reducing the mixture into a cold cream and put it back in the freezer for another hour .
- Before serving, mix your granita with a fork.
- Pour it into dessert glasses and decorate with a mint leaf and a lime wedge!
You can enrich the recipe by adding 2 tablespoons of mint syrup when serving your cocktails. Alternatively, it is possible to prepare a non-alcoholic mojito granita without adding rum , to satisfy even children and abstainers!
You can keep your granita for a couple of weeks in the freezer tightly closed in a container.
Also try the Sicilian lemon granita recipe!
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Baccalà alla cappuccina: a rich dish of the Italian tradition
Cod alla cappuccina is a delicious dish based on fish and polenta, typical of the cuisine of Friuli and Veneto....
Blood loss before your period: what they can indicate
Bleeding before your period can be completely normal. Let's find out why it happens and how to act. When we...
Trout in foil: for a simple and tasty fish dish!
We enjoy a light but very tasty second course, trout in foil, easy to prepare and ideal for fish lovers....
Let’s prepare the babka, the Jewish cake in the shape of a braid
Babka is a leavened cake rich in taste and which is becoming more and more known also in Italy. Let's...
Chickpea cutlet: ingredients and tips for preparing a special dish
The chickpea cutlet recipe is specially designed for those looking for a delicious dish to alternate with meat or fish...