How is French omelette made? Let’s find out what is the right technique, the ingredients, the basic recipe and everything you need to know!
Omelette is a typical recipe of French cuisine, and no… it’s not an omelette! In fact, the two recipes are similar both in terms of ingredients and in their appearance, but in reality they are two different dishes.
Unlike a classic Italian omelette, the omelette must be prepared leaving the eggs less cooked, or as they say, blanching. In fact , its consistency is moist , spongy, soft, and this is possible thanks to fast cooking and low heat.
The other difference is in the ingredients: in addition to the eggs, you add the milk (or cream), but as we will see it is also possible to use other foods for the filling . What do you say, shall we go to the stove?
How to make omelette: basic recipe
1. Break the eggs into a glass bowl and add the salt and a pinch of pepper.
2. At this point, beat the eggs with a whisk and add the milk slowly.
3. Heat a pan on the fire with some butter , so as to grease it well: in this way you will not risk that the egg remains attached to the base.
4. When the pan is hot, pour the mixture into it.
5. Let it cook for a few minutes: the effect you need to obtain is a very light browning at the bottom and a still slobbering consistency at the top. As soon as it begins to harden on the edges, cover with a lid and cook over very low heat until the desired result is obtained.
6. When you find yourself in this situation, you will have to fold the omelet on itself. To do this, there are those who simply overturn it with the help of a spatula, creating the classic crescent shape , and those who blow it up by striking the handle of the pot and rolling it several times. You use the technique you prefer, the important thing is to act quickly or otherwise the egg will be overcooked !
Stuffed omelette: here’s how it’s done
Now that we know the basics of the dish, we can also make fabulous stuffed omelettes, choosing to use vegetables, mushrooms, cold cuts, cheeses and more. But how is it done?
Take for example a tasty ham and cheese omelette. Once you have poured the mixture into the pan, arrange the slices of ham and the pieces of cheese (you can use stracchino for example).
Turn the omelette upside down and close it. Et voilà , the dish is ready!
There is no limit to the imagination with this dish! If you want to create a sweet version of this recipe, you can first choose not to salt the dough and leave it neutral , or just add a pinch of sugar.
At this point, all you have to do is fill the cooking with the ingredients we like best: sauces, fresh fruit, Nutella, jam… and maybe a sprinkling of icing sugar at the end. A real goodness!
Speaking of eggs , how about discovering all our egg recipes too?
This recipe has the characteristic of being frothy, light and delicious when consumed as soon as it is ready . We do not recommend leaving it in the refrigerator for more than a day, and it is also not suitable for freezing in the freezer.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Risotto with pomegranate: a rich and colorful dish for special occasions!
It is one of the fanciest and most delicious first courses: pomegranate risotto is perfect for special occasions, but it...
Let’s see the recipe for Poppella snowflakes, a typical dessert of Naples
Let's find out together how to prepare a sweet from Naples, Poppella's Snowflakes: soft and creamy they have bewitched everyone....
The trendiest bijoux to give at Christmas are those of the Ferragni sisters: sparkling and sophisticated collections
Chiara and Valentina Ferragni inspire our looks and also our bijoux. And their jewelry collections stand out among the perfect...
The diet of Victoria’s Secret models is not the same for all: here’s what they eat
What is the Victoria Secret models diet? Always beautiful and in perfect shape, they follow a precise diet. Beautiful and...
Viva Magenta, Pantone’s sparkling color 2023 can’t be missing in your wardrobe: how to wear it
Glamorous and bold, Viva Magenta is the Pantone 2023 color we can't wait to wear A magical, surprising color, full...
Fashion1 week ago
Military green passion: how to combine the most decisive of greens
Fashion1 week ago
Ugg Guard Boots, the waterproof sole that allows us to wear all but all the shoes we want!
Recipes1 week ago
Mousseline cream, a pride of French pastry
Recipes1 week ago
Bucatini alla Caruso, the ingredients of the Neapolitan recipe