The one for pizza with ham and figs is a traditional Roman recipe. Here's how to make it at home and with few ingredients.
Do you know where the saying " not pizza and figs " comes from? The origin is precisely the simplicity that distinguishes this preparation, as opposed to many other things that, in life, may seem difficult. And in fact, there is nothing easier than a Roman-style ham and fig pizza. The original recipe began many years ago, right in Rome . In the capital it has always been considered a poor dish, accessible to the less affluent classes. The period in which it is most widespread, of course, is September. The main feature is the contrast of flavors between its main ingredients: the sweetness of the white figs is combined with the flavor of the dough and the ham . In short, there is nothing more original than this fantastic typical Italian product.
Preparation of the recipe for pizza with ham and figs
- In a bowl, pour 200 ml of warm water and sugar; add the dry yeast and stir to make it dissolve completely.
- Once done, let the mixture rest for 10 minutes.
- Sift the flour and pour it into another large bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of oil, drizzle, 100 ml of water and salt.
- Also add the mixture of water and yeast and knead vigorously.
- Once you have a firm and smooth dough, put it in a clean bowl and cover with a clean cloth. Let rise in the oven off and with the light on for 2 hours .
- After this time, flour a pastry board and, on it, roll out the dough with your hands.
- Take a circular pan and grease it with oil. With your hands greased with oil , spread the dough evenly on the bottom of the pan, to cover the whole base.
- Season the pizza with mozzarella, cut into cubes , and raw ham.
- Wash and cut the figs into small wedges , then add them to the dough. Ultimate with a drizzle of oil.
- Bake in a static oven at 200 ° C for 10 minutes .
After trying this recipe, white pizza with ham, mozzarella and figs will become one of your favorites. Serve piping hot, as preservation is not recommended .
Have you ever tried pizza with peppers ?
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Carnival chiacchiere: the traditional video recipe
The recipe for Carnival chiacchiere is simple and delicious: let's see how to prepare the most loved dessert of this...
How to make mustard: the classic recipe and its variations
Perfect for flavoring salads and meats: what are the varieties of mustard and the classic recipe for preparing it at...
Nike+Tiffany together again, the most awaited sporty chic collab of the year: when and where to buy them
The "legendary" collaboration between Nike and Tiffany who once again create a pair of sneakers, the most exclusive of the...
Grated apple pie with a moist and very soft dough!
The grated apple cake is a tasty version of the classic dessert, easy to make and very soft, because the...
Vomiting of the newborn: how to behave and what it can indicate
Newborn vomiting is always a cause for alarm. Let's try to understand it better and understand how to act and...
Fashion1 week ago
Not only in winter, tartan will also be worn in summer: the trend on the s/s 2023 catwalks
Fashion1 week ago
Ankle boots that have no age: the iconic Dr Martens are super trendy even in 2023
Recipes1 week ago
How do you make perfect baked potatoes (soft inside and crispy outside)? The infallible video recipe
Recipes1 week ago
Fried Friars, a Carnival sweet whose paternity is disputed