Excellent single dish rich in healthy and genuine ingredients: legume couscous with chickpeas, lentils and broccoli.
The couscous of legumes is a single dish that is very simple to prepare, it can also be prepared in advance if you want to consume it cold and it can be an excellent ally for your lunches in the office. The couscous prepared following this recipe can be stored in the refrigerator covered with film or in an airtight container for a maximum of 2-3 days. Here’s how it is prepared!
Preparation of couscous with cooked chickpeas and lentils
- To prepare the vegetable and legume couscous, start by soaking the chickpeas and lentils separately the night before.
- The next day, boil the legumes in two pots of unsalted water, then drain and let them cool .
- Cut the florets from the broccoli and wash them under cold running water then steam them for 20 minutes.
- To cook the couscous, follow the cooking instructions in the package: after toasting the couscous with a tablespoon of oil, add the necessary water.
- Let the liquid absorb then shell the couscous with the help of a fork.
- Transfer the couscous to a large bowl.
- Add the chickpeas and lentils, mix then also add the steamed broccoli florets.
- Finish by seasoning with a drizzle of raw olive oil then serve your hot couscous enriched with vegetables and legumes.
- Serve and sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese if you like. Enjoy your meal!
Alternatively we can also offer you couscous with spinach , good and rich in iron.
This delicious and quick single dish can be kept for about 2-3 days in the refrigerator, well covered with cling film. It is also delicious to eat cold and we recommend not freezing it in the freezer.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Baccalà alla cappuccina: a rich dish of the Italian tradition
Cod alla cappuccina is a delicious dish based on fish and polenta, typical of the cuisine of Friuli and Veneto....
Blood loss before your period: what they can indicate
Bleeding before your period can be completely normal. Let's find out why it happens and how to act. When we...
Trout in foil: for a simple and tasty fish dish!
We enjoy a light but very tasty second course, trout in foil, easy to prepare and ideal for fish lovers....
Let’s prepare the babka, the Jewish cake in the shape of a braid
Babka is a leavened cake rich in taste and which is becoming more and more known also in Italy. Let's...
Chickpea cutlet: ingredients and tips for preparing a special dish
The chickpea cutlet recipe is specially designed for those looking for a delicious dish to alternate with meat or fish...