Baciocca is a typical Ligurian recipe. It is a savory pie with potatoes and onions flavored in lard. A real treat!
Baciocca is a Ligurian savory pie with potatoes, onions and lard. Typical above all of the eastern hinterland , according to tradition it should be prepared with quarantine potatoes , a prized variety typical of the area. Like all typical recipes, there are also different versions for this one. Each family has its own and there are those who, for example, prepare it without wrapping, those who use crazy pasta and those who skim it, and those who omit the lard.
The baciocca cake, however, should be prepared with crazy dough as a wrapper and a simple but tasty filling obtained by browning the onion in lard and then adding the sliced potatoes. We advise you to try this typical product not only because it is easy to make but also because it is perfect for many occasions. It is one of the tastiest appetizers ever!
How to prepare the Ligurian baciocca recipe
- First, peel the potatoes and cut them into 3-4 mm thick slices . Then put them in a bowl filled with water so that they lose the starch.
- In the meantime, prepare the crazy pasta . Combine the oil and white wine in a bowl and mix well. Incorporate the flour and a teaspoon of salt, mixing first with a spoon and then by hand, transferring the dough to a pastry board and kneading it until you get a dough. Let it rest and dedicate yourself to the filling.
- Chop the lard with a knife and put it in a pan with the sliced onion. Let it cook for a few minutes then add the drained potatoes.
- Pour half a glass of water, season with salt and cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Once ready, let them cool before adding them to the beaten eggs with grated cheese.
- Roll out the crazy dough to line a 24 cm diameter pan, pour the filling and fold the edges. Cook at 180 ° C for 45 minutes.
We love these quick and easy recipes because they’re not a real dinner saver. Alternatively, we recommend you try the tasty potato and sausage pie .
This savory pie can be kept in the refrigerator for 2-3 days , well wrapped in silver paper. You can eat it at room temperature or heated in a pan.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Baccalà alla cappuccina: a rich dish of the Italian tradition
Cod alla cappuccina is a delicious dish based on fish and polenta, typical of the cuisine of Friuli and Veneto....
Blood loss before your period: what they can indicate
Bleeding before your period can be completely normal. Let's find out why it happens and how to act. When we...
Trout in foil: for a simple and tasty fish dish!
We enjoy a light but very tasty second course, trout in foil, easy to prepare and ideal for fish lovers....
Let’s prepare the babka, the Jewish cake in the shape of a braid
Babka is a leavened cake rich in taste and which is becoming more and more known also in Italy. Let's...
Chickpea cutlet: ingredients and tips for preparing a special dish
The chickpea cutlet recipe is specially designed for those looking for a delicious dish to alternate with meat or fish...