Bertolda cake is the recipe to make at home if you don’t know which dessert to prepare for breakfast. Here are our tips.
Bertolda cake, also known as Bertuldina, is a typical dessert of Lombardy whose origin is not very clear. Basically, it is a sweet with corn flour with an intense lemon and vanilla scent usually served at breakfast or as a snack. Even the origins of the name are not clear but it seems they can be traced back to the Lombard saying “he made more than Bertoldo” in reference to people who combine a lot of trouble.
To prepare this typical product at home you do not need many ingredients but it is essential to get cartoon corn flour , the finest variety on the market. This is the ingredient that gives the cake its characteristic appearance as well as its rustic flavor and crunchy crust.
How to prepare the Bertolda cake recipe
- First, cut the butter at room temperature into chunks and put it in a bowl with the sugar. Whip everything with an electric whisk and once you have a cream, add the eggs, the grated rind of the lemon and the seeds of the vanilla bean, taken by cutting the berry in half and scraping the inside.
- Pour in the milk and blend until you get a homogeneous mixture.
- Finally, add the two flours, preferably sifted , and the yeast. Mix with a kitchen spatula.
- Pour everything into a greased and floured mold or lined with baking paper with a diameter of 24-26 cm and bake at 170 ° C for 40 minutes.
- Before taking out the oven, always do the toothpick test and, once cooled, remove it from the mold.
If this recipe has tickled your imagination, we recommend that you also try amor polenta , a special dessert always made with corn flour.
Bertolda cake can be kept under a cake bell for 2-3 days , as soft as fresh from the oven.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Bucatini alla Caruso, the ingredients of the Neapolitan recipe
Bucatini alla Caruso are a simple first course prepared with genuine ingredients typical of the Campania region. Here is the...
Mousseline cream, a pride of French pastry
Similar to custard, mousseline cream is enriched with a fair amount of butter. Here is the recipe. France is famous...
Bach flowers: a natural remedy for colds and flu
Bach flowers are valid natural remedies for colds and flu: let's see which ones to use against these diseases. Like...
Crunchy baked pumpkin crush: perfect for autumn
The crunchy squash squash is an excellent alternative to bread to serve as an appetizer. Here is the recipe to...
Comfy and practical: long live wide trousers, save looks for every occasion
For those days when you need a cocoon mood and more, the perfect women's wardrobe includes baggy trousers Bootcut, palazzo,...
Fashion1 week ago
Black Friday fashion: between advances, fast shopping and discounted luxury purchases
Recipes1 week ago
How to make risotto pasta in a pan: have you ever tasted it?
Recipes1 week ago
How to make mascarpone cream: the classic recipe and with the Thermomix!
Recipes4 days ago
Reinforcement salad: a Christmas dish of the Neapolitan tradition