Bertolda cake is the recipe to make at home if you don’t know which dessert to prepare for breakfast. Here are our tips.
Bertolda cake, also known as Bertuldina, is a typical dessert of Lombardy whose origin is not very clear. Basically, it is a sweet with corn flour with an intense lemon and vanilla scent usually served at breakfast or as a snack. Even the origins of the name are not clear but it seems they can be traced back to the Lombard saying “he made more than Bertoldo” in reference to people who combine a lot of trouble.
To prepare this typical product at home you do not need many ingredients but it is essential to get cartoon corn flour , the finest variety on the market. This is the ingredient that gives the cake its characteristic appearance as well as its rustic flavor and crunchy crust.
How to prepare the Bertolda cake recipe
- First, cut the butter at room temperature into chunks and put it in a bowl with the sugar. Whip everything with an electric whisk and once you have a cream, add the eggs, the grated rind of the lemon and the seeds of the vanilla bean, taken by cutting the berry in half and scraping the inside.
- Pour in the milk and blend until you get a homogeneous mixture.
- Finally, add the two flours, preferably sifted , and the yeast. Mix with a kitchen spatula.
- Pour everything into a greased and floured mold or lined with baking paper with a diameter of 24-26 cm and bake at 170 ° C for 40 minutes.
- Before taking out the oven, always do the toothpick test and, once cooled, remove it from the mold.
If this recipe has tickled your imagination, we recommend that you also try amor polenta , a special dessert always made with corn flour.
Bertolda cake can be kept under a cake bell for 2-3 days , as soft as fresh from the oven.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
There is no Easter breakfast without the Roman regrown pizza
The Easter regrown pizza is a typical product of Rome, prepared for breakfast and stuffed in many ways. The original...
Have you ever tried our gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry?
A very simple recipe to prepare at home for those suffering from intolerances: the gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry will please...
Easter Mazurek, an amazing Polish dessert
Mazurek is a Polish dessert typical of the Easter period made up of a crunchy base stuffed with jam and...
Pastitsio: the super tasty Greek first course
Pastitsio is a typical Greek first course known to be very similar to baked pasta. Here’s how to prepare it...
Crepes without gluten and lactose, the perfect recipe for everyone!
Enjoy a moment of sweet relaxation with delicious gluten-free and lactose-free crepes. We will make you who are intolerant satisfied...