Caramelized fennel are a sweet and tasty side dish, able to accompany even important and demanding main courses.
Caramelized fennel are an original side dish with an unusual flavor. The contrast between fennel and sugar is amazing, and will leave any guests amazed. As the fennel slices are cooked they become softer and more delicate, so handle them with great care.
Preparation of caramelized fennel
- Clean the fennel. Cut the beards, wash them, dry them and set them aside, they will be used at the end of the plate for decoration.
- Remove the outermost layer of the fennel, wash them well under running water and dry them.
- Cut them vertically into slices about one centimeter thick. During the entire preparation, you must make sure that the slices always remain well together and do not fall apart.
- Take a large non-stick pan and pour in 25 g of butter and oil.
- Heat well, then lay the fennel slices in a single layer. If they do not enter, cook them several times.
- Cook for 10 minutes , then flip and cook for another 10 minutes .
- A few minutes after cooking, sprinkle the fennel with grated lemon peel.
- Remove the slices carefully from the pan and place them on a plate, preferably hot.
- Pour the remaining 10 g of butter , sugar, fennel seeds and two tablespoons of water into the same pan.
- ate caramelize the sugar over medium-low heat, 2-3 minutes should be enough.
- Return the fennel slices to the pan and cook them for one minute on each side, making sure that the sugar does not burn. Eventually add another tablespoon of water.
- Divide into plates and garnish with coarsely chopped beards.
If you liked this recipe, try the sweet and sour peppers too.
We recommend consuming this easy and tasty side dish within 2-3 days . Consume them in the fridge in a container with an airtight lid. We do not recommend freezing in the freezer.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
There is no Easter breakfast without the Roman regrown pizza
The Easter regrown pizza is a typical product of Rome, prepared for breakfast and stuffed in many ways. The original...
Have you ever tried our gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry?
A very simple recipe to prepare at home for those suffering from intolerances: the gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry will please...
Easter Mazurek, an amazing Polish dessert
Mazurek is a Polish dessert typical of the Easter period made up of a crunchy base stuffed with jam and...
Pastitsio: the super tasty Greek first course
Pastitsio is a typical Greek first course known to be very similar to baked pasta. Here’s how to prepare it...
Crepes without gluten and lactose, the perfect recipe for everyone!
Enjoy a moment of sweet relaxation with delicious gluten-free and lactose-free crepes. We will make you who are intolerant satisfied...