Carnival chiacchiere: the traditional recipe
The recipe for Carnival chiacchiere is simple and delicious: let's see how to prepare the most loved dessert of this merry party!
Chiacchiere are a dessert known in many parts of the world, albeit with very different names, such as angel wings. Light and crumbly, they are also called frappe or bugie and – above all – they are really easy to prepare . What you have to do is mix all the ingredients, let the dough rise, roll it out into a thin sheet and then, with the help of a toothed wheel, cut them out according to the classic shape.
The carnival lies are then fried in sunflower oil or peanut oil, sprinkled with icing sugar and that's it. Let's see together how to prepare the most popular of Carnival recipes, for a slap-up revelry menu!
Preparation of the Carnival chiacchiere
- First, beat the eggs in a bowl and set them aside.
- In a second bowl (or a stand mixer ), mix the butter at room temperature with the sugar, then add the salt, sifted flour, lemon zest, liqueur and a pinch of baking powder.
- After having worked the mixture a little, add the beaten eggs and knead again until you get an elastic dough.
- Let the dough rest for about a quarter of an hour / half an hour so that it can rise, then roll it out with a rolling pin.
- With the help of a pasta machine, obtain a very thin sheet, which you will close in a wallet, and then roll it out again (this operation will be repeated 2 times).
- Roll it out one last time, not exceeding a couple of millimeters thick . Advice: it must be very thin, when you think it's enough…thin a little more!
- Cut out the chiacchiere from the pastry, using a notched wheel (the one for ravioli) and don't forget the classic two cuts in the center.
- At this point, dip them in a small pan of oil at 170°C/180°C and fry one or two at a time so as not to lower the temperature of the liquid.
- Absorb the excess oil with fried paper or absorbent paper, and then, when the chiacchiere have cooled down, sprinkle with icing sugar. Serve your Carnival chiacchiere.
How about discovering all our Carnival desserts and many otherCarnival recipes ?
Advice and conservation
Now that you know by heart how fried Carnival chatter is made, it's good to know that we recommend keeping it in a paper bag (not in the fridge!) for a couple of days at most.
If you wish, you can add a little orange zest to the dough to make them more aromatic. Obviously, you can give them the shape you prefer even if we have chosen the simplest to make.
If you liked the recipe for chiacchiere, discover the video of the preparation.
Finally, we suggest another delicious Carnival recipe: pancakes !
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Dark elbows? Here are some simple and immediate natural remedies
Dark elbows are a really common problem. Let's find out how to solve it with natural remedies. That of dark...
Let’s discover a typical dish of Lazio cuisine: pan-fried Roman saltimbocca (with photos and videos)
If you don't know how to make saltimbocca alla romana, now is the time to fix it: here is the...
How to adopt a natural skin care routine for healthy skin?
The skin is the largest organ of the human body, covering an average of 15% of the body weight of...
Simple and creamy, here’s how to prepare pasta with cream and zucchini
Among the first courses with zucchini that you absolutely must try is pasta with cream and zucchini, a little old-fashioned...
Strawberries in pregnancy: what you need to know about their consumption
One of the most common questions involving pregnant women is about the consumption of strawberries during pregnancy. Let's find out,...
Health2 months ago
Picacism: what it is, how to recognize it and what are the risks
Fashion2 months ago
Essential and sexy: the new must have for s/s 2023 is the body, an alternative to the mini dress
Recipes2 months ago
Rice balls, an ancient easy Ragusan recipe with photos and videos to prepare them
Recipes2 months ago
Calabrian sardella: what it is and how to prepare the typical spicy sauce