The recipe for Carnival chiacchiere is simple and delicious: let's see how to prepare the most loved dessert of this merry party!
Chiacchiere are a dessert known in many parts of the world, albeit with very different names, such as angel wings. Light and crumbly, they are also called frappe or bugie and – above all – they are really easy to prepare . What you have to do is mix all the ingredients, let the dough rise, roll it out into a thin sheet and then, with the help of a toothed wheel, cut them out according to the classic shape.
The carnival lies are then fried in sunflower oil or peanut oil, sprinkled with icing sugar and that's it. Let's see together how to prepare the most popular of Carnival recipes, for a slap-up revelry menu!
Preparation of the Carnival chiacchiere
- First, beat the eggs in a bowl and set them aside.
- In a second bowl (or a stand mixer ), mix the butter at room temperature with the sugar, then add the salt, sifted flour, lemon zest, liqueur and a pinch of baking powder.
- After having worked the mixture a little, add the beaten eggs and knead again until you get an elastic dough.
- Let the dough rest for about a quarter of an hour / half an hour so that it can rise, then roll it out with a rolling pin.
- With the help of a pasta machine, obtain a very thin sheet, which you will close in a wallet, and then roll it out again (this operation will be repeated 2 times).
- Roll it out one last time, not exceeding a couple of millimeters thick . Advice: it must be very thin, when you think it's enough…thin a little more!
- Cut out the chiacchiere from the pastry, using a notched wheel (the one for ravioli) and don't forget the classic two cuts in the center.
- At this point, dip them in a small pan of oil at 170°C/180°C and fry one or two at a time so as not to lower the temperature of the liquid.
- Absorb the excess oil with fried paper or absorbent paper, and then, when the chiacchiere have cooled down, sprinkle with icing sugar. Serve your Carnival chiacchiere.
Advice and conservation
Now that you know by heart how fried Carnival chatter is made, it's good to know that we recommend keeping it in a paper bag (not in the fridge!) for a couple of days at most.
If you wish, you can add a little orange zest to the dough to make them more aromatic. Obviously, you can give them the shape you prefer even if we have chosen the simplest to make.
If you liked the recipe for chiacchiere, discover the video of the preparation.
Finally, we suggest another delicious Carnival recipe: pancakes !
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
How to cook potatoes in the microwave in minutes: here are all the secrets!
If you're short on time but want to enjoy an excellent side dish, we'll explain how to cook potatoes in...
Let’s taste the lightness of the chocolate water muffins
Chocolate water muffins are super light and soft treats, to be made with just a few ingredients and without eggs...
Antidepressant foods: what they are and why they work
Antidepressant foods can help lift your mood and keep it stable over time. Let's find out which are the most...
From French cuisine comes the Rossini fillet, delicious and elegant
Fillet alla Rossini is a second course based on beef fillet, enriched with foie gras and black truffle. From French...
Black gums, causes and symptoms: the alarm bell of a serious problem
Black gums should never be underestimated because they could be the alarm bell of a serious problem. Have you noticed...
Recipes1 week ago
How to make crepes: the simple video recipe for making the neutral dough (and some tasty inspiration)
Fashion6 days ago
Paris Fashion Week 2023: The most beautiful and eccentric looks of the front row
Recipes1 week ago
Pici cacio e pepe: the video recipe of the first course prepared from scratch!
Health1 week ago
Autism spectrum disorders: what they are and how they manifest in children