We present the delicious recipe of anchovy bagnun, a typical product of Liguria that consists of a fish soup based on tomato sauce.
For an inexpensive recipe that is at the same time delicious, there is an unmissable and all-Italian one. We are talking about the anchovy bagnun from Riva Trigoso. A very simple preparation to make and originally from this small hamlet of Liguria. Good enough to be offered throughout the region, this is a fish soup made with tomato pulp and little else. A completely genuine dish which, traditionally, was served with the typical sailor’s biscuits . To enjoy it, you can also use slices of toast or friselle.
Let’s get to work right away to make this anchovy soup!
Preparation of the original recipe for anchovy bagnun
- First, take care of the fish. Carefully wash the anchovies and remove the heads.
- Carefully try to remove the bone from the inside. You do not have to open the meat, because otherwise they would all fall apart during cooking.
- Pour the oil into the bottom of a pan and heat it on the stove.
- Chop the onion and fry it in the pan. Cut two cloves of garlic and add them to the pan.
- After a few minutes, pour the tomato pulp over the sauté. Add the water and white wine.
- Stir a little and let it cook over medium heat for 10 minutes . Season with salt and let the sauce set.
- After this time, place the anchovies on the sauce.
- Raise the heat and close with the lid, let it cook for another 5 minutes . If the fish is cooked, you can turn it off and let it cool.
Serve this Ligurian anchovy soup when it is still hot. A tip not to forget is not to turn the sauce too much when it is on the plate, because the fish could flake. If you have a certain amount left over, you can keep it in the fridge for 1 day , covered.
Another quick and easy recipe with this ingredient is that of anchovies alla povera .
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
There is no Easter breakfast without the Roman regrown pizza
The Easter regrown pizza is a typical product of Rome, prepared for breakfast and stuffed in many ways. The original...
Have you ever tried our gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry?
A very simple recipe to prepare at home for those suffering from intolerances: the gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry will please...
Easter Mazurek, an amazing Polish dessert
Mazurek is a Polish dessert typical of the Easter period made up of a crunchy base stuffed with jam and...
Pastitsio: the super tasty Greek first course
Pastitsio is a typical Greek first course known to be very similar to baked pasta. Here’s how to prepare it...
Crepes without gluten and lactose, the perfect recipe for everyone!
Enjoy a moment of sweet relaxation with delicious gluten-free and lactose-free crepes. We will make you who are intolerant satisfied...