Let’s see together how to prepare the artichoke pasqualina cake with the perfect recipe, even in the wholemeal variant.
The Pasqualina cake with artichokes is a typical product of Liguria. The preparation is similar to the classic recipe based on spinach and chard, with a filling of eggs and ricotta with an intense fragrance of marjoram. As the name suggests, it is customary to make the Genoese artichoke cake on the occasion of Easter , so it is no coincidence that it is a vegetarian savory cake.
As for the external wrapping of the pasqualina cake with artichokes and ricotta, there are different currents of thought. There are those who use the crazy dough , some the shortcrust pastry while still others prefer the puff pastry . We have chosen the crazy dough, simple to prepare and easy to roll out. Ready to get down to business?
How to prepare the recipe for the artichoke pasqualina cake
- Gather the flour in a bowl and make a hole in the center. Then add the oil and salt and start mixing with a spoon, gradually adding the water at room temperature. Once it has compacted, finish working on the pastry board, until you get a smooth and homogeneous dough .
- Clean the artichokes by removing the outermost layer of the leaves, the tips and the stem. Wash them under running water then cut them into rather thin slices.
- Finely chop the onion and brown it in a pan with the oil then add the artichokes, a pinch of salt and a few tablespoons of water. Cook for 20 minutes .
- Now all that remains is to prepare the filling. Mix the ricotta with two eggs, the Parmesan and the marjoram. Add the artichokes and set aside.
- Divide the loaf of crazy dough into two parts and roll out the first until it reaches a thickness of a couple of millimeters. Transfer it to a 24-26 cm diameter pan .
- Pour the filling, level it then make four holes using the back of a spoon. Break the eggs in the center of each.
- Roll out the remaining dough, cover and seal the edges well.
- Bake the Genoese pasqualina cake with artichokes at 180 ° C for 40 minutes then let it cool before serving.
You can also make the wholemeal pasqualina cake with artichokes by replacing half of the flour provided by the recipe with wholemeal flour. The result will be a rustic with a perfect flavor. Also, if you liked this recipe, try the classic Easter cake as well.
Pasqualina cake with artichokes can be kept out of the fridge for one day, while in the fridge it keeps well for 2-3 days. However, we recommend that you consume it at room temperature.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Oily skin skincare: here are the five basic steps
In the case of oily skin, daily skincare with ad hoc products is very important: let's see what the basic...
Spaghetti with three tomatoes, a simply genuine dish!
Are you looking for a simple and tasty first course? Try the spaghetti with three tomatoes recipe, made only with...
Is using social media at the table bad?
Using social networks and smartphones at the table is now common among adults and children: a habit that involves risks....
Types of perm: how many there are and what effect they give to the hair
How many types of permanents are there? Let's find out all of them and see if there is also an...
Homemade Russian salad, the Queen of all appetizers!
Russian salad, the timeless and perfect appetizer for a delicious dinner: here are the ingredients and how to prepare it...
Recipes1 week ago
Mulled wine, the super-scented drink that warms up the coldest days
Fashion1 week ago
Military green passion: how to combine the most decisive of greens
Fashion7 days ago
Ugg Guard Boots, the waterproof sole that allows us to wear all but all the shoes we want!
Recipes1 week ago
Bucatini alla Caruso, the ingredients of the Neapolitan recipe