The recipe for fish bourguignonne or fish fondue is perfect for a romantic dinner or for those who want to bring a different dish than usual. Here's how it is prepared!
If you are looking for an original fish-based recipe, you certainly can't miss the fish bourguignonne. Also known as fish fondue, it is among the delicious recipes to keep in mind if you love this food and to be served on special occasions such as a couple's dinner, but not only!
Its peculiarity is given by the fact that the fish is served in small morsels that diners can dip directly in oil for frying or hot broth. In this case, the fondue set is used and if you have two you can propose both cooking methods. We offer you the recipe with shrimp, swordfish and salmon, but alternatively remember that it is good to choose a type of fish that does not fall apart during cooking. Tuna, squid or monkfish are also excellent!
Preparation of the fish bourguignonne
- First of all, dedicate yourself to the preparation of the fish : take the swordfish steak, rinse it quickly under water, pat it dry with kitchen paper and cut it into cubes of the same size.
- Now take the salmon steak , rinse it well and dry it with absorbent paper. Place the steak on a clean cutting board, insert the tip of the knife between the salmon and its skin and carefully slide the blade to remove the skin .
- Also cut the salmon into cubes and finally dedicate yourself to the prawns : rinse them under cold running water, peel them and remove the black bowel from the intestine.
- At this point you have different possibilities depending on the type of cooking of the fish. With fish, the most popular options are broth, for lighter cooking, and frying.
- In the first case you can bring the fish to the table in a large serving dish together with the special fondue set with the stove on and the broth already hot inside the special container.
- Similarly for frying you can arrange the oil at the right temperature in the caquelon. Remember that in this case the fish needs a few seconds of cooking .
- Enjoy your fish morsels by dipping them in your favorite sauces.
Sauces for bourguignonne
For fish lovers and not only we also suggest some sauces to accompany this dish. The cocktail sauce or pink sauce is undoubtedly one of the most popular, but you can add the classic mayonnaise or a delicate avocado -based sauce. How is the latter prepared? Very simple, just blend the pulp of 1 avocado with 2 tablespoons of oil, the juice of half a filtered lemon, pepper and salt to taste.
We recommend consuming the fish prepared in this way immediately .
If you love particular recipes and raw fish, we suggest you take a look at the salmon sashimi recipe.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Baccalà alla cappuccina: a rich dish of the Italian tradition
Cod alla cappuccina is a delicious dish based on fish and polenta, typical of the cuisine of Friuli and Veneto....
Blood loss before your period: what they can indicate
Bleeding before your period can be completely normal. Let's find out why it happens and how to act. When we...
Trout in foil: for a simple and tasty fish dish!
We enjoy a light but very tasty second course, trout in foil, easy to prepare and ideal for fish lovers....
Let’s prepare the babka, the Jewish cake in the shape of a braid
Babka is a leavened cake rich in taste and which is becoming more and more known also in Italy. Let's...
Chickpea cutlet: ingredients and tips for preparing a special dish
The chickpea cutlet recipe is specially designed for those looking for a delicious dish to alternate with meat or fish...