Flaxseed bread is an excellent leavened, crunchy and healthy, to be brought to the warm table.
Flaxseed bread is one of the most popular gastronomic products for vegans and vegetarians. Flax seeds, also called “health seeds” , are an ingredient rich in beneficial properties. This type of leavened product will be an ally of your psychophysical well-being. The homemade flaxseed bread dough involves the use of wholemeal flour which will make the dough crunchy and fragrant. Many even choose to use Kamut flour, a cereal of Persian origin and ancestor of modern wheat: its dose will be equal to that of our two flours put together.
Ready to perfume your whole house with freshly baked bread? Go to the recipe!
Preparation of the flaxseed bread recipe
- Pour the two flours into a large bowl and mix them.
- Add the flax seeds and extra virgin olive oil.
- Dissolve the yeast together with the sugar in warm water. Then add them to the flour with a spoon.
- Mix everything with the salt, until the mixture is sticky and without lumps .
- Let the dough rest in the oven with the light on for about an hour and a half .
- Gently pour the mixture onto a baking sheet with parchment paper and if you prefer sprinkle some flax seeds on the surface as a decoration.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 220 ° C for about 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
- Let it cool slightly, and then cut into slices and bring the fragrant bread to the table!
Benefits of flaxseed bread
Flax seeds are rich in beneficial properties: the first of all is Omega 3. They are allies of cardiovascular health , so they help to keep heart rate and blood cholesterol levels under control. They can also counter constipation and prevent hemorrhoids .
The crushed seeds and taken with a lot of water are very useful in case of constipation and diverticula ; if they are macerated they will naturally cure pharyngitis, bronchial problems and sore throats . A real panacea for the well-being of our body!
Variations and tips on homemade flaxseed bread
- Alternatively, you can prepare rye bread with flax seeds which involves using rye flour instead of wholemeal one.
- You can replace the sugar with half a teaspoon of honey .
- Sunflower seeds , instead of flax seeds, can make your bread even more crunchy.
- To check the optimal cooking of the dough, give a tap on the base: it must be empty inside.
It is recommended to keep your bread for a maximum of 3 days in an airtight container or a tightly closed bag. You can also freeze it in freezer bags.
Can’t wait to go back with your hands in the dough? List the simplest olive bread recipe ever.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
There is no Easter breakfast without the Roman regrown pizza
The Easter regrown pizza is a typical product of Rome, prepared for breakfast and stuffed in many ways. The original...
Have you ever tried our gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry?
A very simple recipe to prepare at home for those suffering from intolerances: the gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry will please...
Easter Mazurek, an amazing Polish dessert
Mazurek is a Polish dessert typical of the Easter period made up of a crunchy base stuffed with jam and...
Pastitsio: the super tasty Greek first course
Pastitsio is a typical Greek first course known to be very similar to baked pasta. Here’s how to prepare it...
Crepes without gluten and lactose, the perfect recipe for everyone!
Enjoy a moment of sweet relaxation with delicious gluten-free and lactose-free crepes. We will make you who are intolerant satisfied...