Thanks to the combination of puff pastry and seasonal vegetables, the savory pie with zucchini and cherry tomatoes will be a very tasty dinner or an original idea for picnics and delicious appetizers.
The savory pie with zucchini and cherry tomatoes is a vegetarian appetizer made with puff pastry, vegetables and dairy products. Quick and easy to prepare for picnics and delicious appetizers or as a dinner to be served at the center of the table .
It is a tasty and scenographic recipe in the beauty of its bright colors… even the eye wants its part in fact! An excellent idea especially for the spring and summer period, but can also be enjoyed during the cold seasons. Think about it, it will also be good to eat cold ! There are variations of this recipe that provide different dairy products according to your tastes, today we decided to prepare the savory pie with tomatoes, courgettes and scamorza.
Come to the kitchen with us!
Preparation of the recipe for the zucchini and cherry tomato pie
- Roll out the puff pastry in a 24 cm circular tart mold lined with parchment paper.
- Form the raised edges and prick the base with a fork.
- Finely slice the tomatoes and place them on a paper towel to remove excess moisture.
- Also cut the courgettes and the scamorza cheese into thin slices .
- Stuff the savory pie alternating smoked cheese, tomatoes and courgettes. Brush with oil and add salt, pepper and a handful of thyme.
- In a bowl, mix the breadcrumbs with the Parmesan cheese, the minced garlic and basil, and a tablespoon of oil.
- Stir and pour the mixture over the cake.
- Bake at 180 ° C for about 50 minutes until golden brown.
- Take your savory pie out of the oven, let it cool and serve!
For a more delicate flavor of dairy products, try the savory pie with zucchini, mozzarella and cherry tomatoes: the cherry mozzarella will be perfect. You can also taste the variant of the puff pastry cake with zucchini cream and cherry tomatoes making a cream with the zucchini previously cooked in a pan and then blended. Further enrich this recipe with the vegetables you want, such as eggplant, peppers or dried tomatoes.
Keep this quick quiche in the fridge in an airtight container for a day . Enjoy it cold or warm it in the microwave.
You may also like our zucchini savory pie recipe!
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Baccalà alla cappuccina: a rich dish of the Italian tradition
Cod alla cappuccina is a delicious dish based on fish and polenta, typical of the cuisine of Friuli and Veneto....
Blood loss before your period: what they can indicate
Bleeding before your period can be completely normal. Let's find out why it happens and how to act. When we...
Trout in foil: for a simple and tasty fish dish!
We enjoy a light but very tasty second course, trout in foil, easy to prepare and ideal for fish lovers....
Let’s prepare the babka, the Jewish cake in the shape of a braid
Babka is a leavened cake rich in taste and which is becoming more and more known also in Italy. Let's...
Chickpea cutlet: ingredients and tips for preparing a special dish
The chickpea cutlet recipe is specially designed for those looking for a delicious dish to alternate with meat or fish...