Stewed cod is a really simple fish second course to prepare. Here is our simple and delicious recipe, perfect for family dinners.
Of all the ways of cooking cod there is one that most of all is able to bring people to agreement : stewed cod. And the reason is quite simple: have you ever seen someone resist the temptation to grab a piece of bread and slip into a tomato sauce? No, and that's why we are happy to offer you this recipe.
In fact, it is natural to wonder how to cook cod, a fish that is often sold still covered in salt and the risk of making a mess is quite concrete. But we will guide you step by step in this preparation because desalination of cod is not that difficult ; then cooking it with tomato sauce, Taggiasca olives and capers is child's play.
How to cook stewed cod
- First of all, it is essential to desalinate the cod properly. To do this, rinse it well under running water, massaging the meat to remove as much salt as possible.
- Then cut it into slices about 4 cm wide and put them in a bowl full of water.
- The cod will have to hydrate for 48 hours and the water will have to be changed approximately every 6. Only in this way will you be sure that it loses all the excess salt.
- Then drain the fillets, rinse them again under running water and pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Roll them in the flour and brown them on both sides in a pan with half the amount of oil . You can also omit this part and go directly to preparing the sauce
- Then temporarily transfer them to a plate.
- Finely chop the garlic and the onions and brown them in the pan with the remaining oil .
- Then add the tomato purée , the olives , the desalted capers and cook for 20 minutes .
- Finally, add the cod fillets and continue cooking for about 10-15 minutes, adding salt only at the end and trying to cover the fish with the sauce. We recommend not turning the cod to avoid breaking it.
- Season with a grind of black pepper and serve.
And here is a video recipe to better follow the steps:
Serve the cod in tomato sauce with slices of toasted bread : you'll need them to make the slipper! We also invite you to try the other recipes with cod : this ingredient is truly sensational!
The stewed cod with this simple recipe can be kept in the refrigerator in an airtight container for 3-4 days . We advise you to heat it in a pan over low heat before consuming it.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
What is special about Bruno Barbieri’s carbonara?
Bruno Barbieri's recipe for carbonara causes discussion, perhaps more for the name than for the taste. Try this particular take...
Antibiotic resistance: how to spot it and what to do
Resistance to antibiotics: causes, consequences and possible remedies to be able to try to solve the problem. Are you concerned...
Let’s find out how to prepare excellent cannelloni stuffed with meat
Meat cannelloni are an excellent first course, ideal for Sundays. Let's see together how to prepare them! Meat cannelloni are...
Reinforcement salad: a traditional Neapolitan Christmas dish
The reinforcement salad is a side dish based on papacelle, cauliflower, olives and spring onions: one of the most popular...
Don’t throw away the vegetable peels: turn them into crunchy chips!
Making baked vegetable peel chips is a great way to reduce waste in the kitchen. Here's which vegetables to use...
Fashion7 days ago
Black Friday fashion: between advances, fast shopping and discounted luxury purchases
Food1 week ago
Topinambur: the properties and contraindications of the Jerusalem artichoke
Fashion1 week ago
The super mini skirt in the shape of a belt: the model designed by Diesel could become a trend thanks to Dua Lipa
Recipes7 days ago
How to make risotto pasta in a pan: have you ever tasted it?