Giuggiulena is a typical sweet of the Sicilian tradition. Here’s how to prepare the famous nougat made with sesame seeds.
The recipe for soft juggiulena comes from a long tradition. It is a typical dessert of Sicilian cuisine that is easy to make at home, simply by mixing three ingredients: sugar, honey and seeds. In fact, it consists of a kind of tasty nougat made with sesame seeds and almonds . The result is a dessert presented in the form of bars or squares, depending on how you prefer. From the first taste it is crunchy and tender at the same time .
Preparation of the recipe for the juggiulena
- First, clean the sesame seeds and almonds. Set them aside.
- Take a saucepan and pour the honey into it. Add the sugar and put on the stove.
- Begin to cook over medium heat and stir slowly, to melt everything.
- When the mixture becomes liquid and homogeneous , add the sesame seeds as well.
- Continue to cook for another 5 minutes , stirring constantly. With the spoon, make movements from the bottom upwards, so as not to let the seeds stick to the bottom which, in this way, could burn themselves. When the dough is blended, turn off the heat.
- Take a low-sided baking tray and line it with parchment paper. Spread the mixture over it, leveling the surface and finishing the edges with a smooth, flat blade.
- Once you have a sheet, about 1 cm thick, cut it into squares or rectangles when it is still hot . Place an almond in the center of each.
- Cover a tray with another sheet of parchment paper and, as each piece is compacted, transfer it onto it.
- Put the tray in the oven (turned off and cold), letting it rest overnight . The next day, you can enjoy this fantastic dessert.
The Sicilian juggiulena is an excellent dessert to be served at the table or as a snack. You can keep them in a glass jar even for 1 month .
Another fantastic Sicilian dessert issweet and fried iris !
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Baccalà alla cappuccina: a rich dish of the Italian tradition
Cod alla cappuccina is a delicious dish based on fish and polenta, typical of the cuisine of Friuli and Veneto....
Blood loss before your period: what they can indicate
Bleeding before your period can be completely normal. Let's find out why it happens and how to act. When we...
Trout in foil: for a simple and tasty fish dish!
We enjoy a light but very tasty second course, trout in foil, easy to prepare and ideal for fish lovers....
Let’s prepare the babka, the Jewish cake in the shape of a braid
Babka is a leavened cake rich in taste and which is becoming more and more known also in Italy. Let's...
Chickpea cutlet: ingredients and tips for preparing a special dish
The chickpea cutlet recipe is specially designed for those looking for a delicious dish to alternate with meat or fish...