Giuggiulena is a typical sweet of the Sicilian tradition. Here’s how to prepare the famous nougat made with sesame seeds.
The recipe for soft juggiulena comes from a long tradition. It is a typical dessert of Sicilian cuisine that is easy to make at home, simply by mixing three ingredients: sugar, honey and seeds. In fact, it consists of a kind of tasty nougat made with sesame seeds and almonds . The result is a dessert presented in the form of bars or squares, depending on how you prefer. From the first taste it is crunchy and tender at the same time .
Preparation of the recipe for the juggiulena
- First, clean the sesame seeds and almonds. Set them aside.
- Take a saucepan and pour the honey into it. Add the sugar and put on the stove.
- Begin to cook over medium heat and stir slowly, to melt everything.
- When the mixture becomes liquid and homogeneous , add the sesame seeds as well.
- Continue to cook for another 5 minutes , stirring constantly. With the spoon, make movements from the bottom upwards, so as not to let the seeds stick to the bottom which, in this way, could burn themselves. When the dough is blended, turn off the heat.
- Take a low-sided baking tray and line it with parchment paper. Spread the mixture over it, leveling the surface and finishing the edges with a smooth, flat blade.
- Once you have a sheet, about 1 cm thick, cut it into squares or rectangles when it is still hot . Place an almond in the center of each.
- Cover a tray with another sheet of parchment paper and, as each piece is compacted, transfer it onto it.
- Put the tray in the oven (turned off and cold), letting it rest overnight . The next day, you can enjoy this fantastic dessert.
The Sicilian juggiulena is an excellent dessert to be served at the table or as a snack. You can keep them in a glass jar even for 1 month .
Another fantastic Sicilian dessert issweet and fried iris !
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
There is no Easter breakfast without the Roman regrown pizza
The Easter regrown pizza is a typical product of Rome, prepared for breakfast and stuffed in many ways. The original...
Have you ever tried our gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry?
A very simple recipe to prepare at home for those suffering from intolerances: the gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry will please...
Easter Mazurek, an amazing Polish dessert
Mazurek is a Polish dessert typical of the Easter period made up of a crunchy base stuffed with jam and...
Pastitsio: the super tasty Greek first course
Pastitsio is a typical Greek first course known to be very similar to baked pasta. Here’s how to prepare it...
Crepes without gluten and lactose, the perfect recipe for everyone!
Enjoy a moment of sweet relaxation with delicious gluten-free and lactose-free crepes. We will make you who are intolerant satisfied...