Pork pie is the Sunday dish that thanks to its flavor will make everyone agree at the table.
One of the delicious recipes to prepare on Sunday with the family for a dinner with friends or simply to pamper yourself with a traditional English dish is the pork pie: it has a captivating flavor with a touch of crunchiness due to the presence of the puff pastry. Let’s find out the secrets of this recipe together to make a typical, complete and nutritious product.
Preparation of the recipe for the pork pie
- Start chopping the onion, carrot and celery, browning them in a very large pan with extra virgin olive oil.
- Then slowly incorporate the meat by adding salt, pepper and half a glass of white wine, leaving it to simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Now prepare the béchamel using the butter melted in a double boiler and the flour, 1 liter of milk, a pinch of salt, nutmeg and pepper, stirring constantly until completely thickened.
- Take another pan and pour a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and a finely chopped onion, add the potatoes that you have cut into rather small cubes and the peas, adding a glass of white wine. Cook until both ingredients are cooked.
- In the meantime, take the puff pastry and divide it into two flat discs with the help of a rolling pin: the first disc must be larger to cover the base of the pan, while the second will serve to close the pie.
- Now that everything is ready, add the potatoes and peas to the meat, add the béchamel and don’t forget to taste, checking the salting.
- Put the mixture in the pan where you placed the first layer of puff pastry and cover with the second disc, brushing a small amount of egg yolk.
- Cook in a preheated oven at 180 ° C for about 20 minutes and remove from the oven. Your crusted pork pie is ready to serve.
A variant of the classic recipe is the pork pie not in a crust: lighter and easier to eat on the plate . To make it, you must follow the entire procedure above, excluding the puff pastry, the béchamel and cooking in the oven. When the pork is ready, in fact, the potatoes and peas, still hot, are slowly incorporated, leaving them to cook for another 10 minutes.
The English pork pie is fully part of the delicious meat main courses and can be considered as an original recipe that will amaze your guests. It is easy to prepare and can also be stored for a couple of days , as long as it is stored tightly covered in the refrigerator and then reheated in the microwave as well. We do not recommend freezing it instead.
If you liked this preparation, you can’t miss the recipe for the Ferrarese pasticcio .
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Presnitz: the Trieste dessert with noble origins!
According to some testimonies it was created for Princess Sissi. Either way, the Presnitz quick recipe is tasty and easy...
Let’s find out how to prepare the brandacujun with the Ligurian recipe
The recipe for brandacujun comes directly from western Liguria, a creamed cod with potatoes with an intense flavor and creamy...
How okonomiyaki is prepared, a typical dish of Japanese cuisine
If you are looking for quick and easy recipes that come from afar, okonomyaki, Japanese pancakes with vegetables, is worth...
What is holistic massage: all about this practice for body and mind
Holistic massage has numerous benefits, both for the body and for the mind. Let’s see together what they are, and...
Bublanina is a truly amazing Czechoslovakian dessert with cherries
Bublanina is a simple cherry pie typical of the Czech Republic prepared with a dough similar to sponge cake. Literally...
Recipes1 week ago
Have you ever heard of the octopus genovese?
Recipes1 week ago
If you are looking for a quick and easy appetizer, the ham mousse is the recipe for you
Health5 days ago
Rebecca syndrome: what it is and how to recognize it
Health7 days ago
The therapeutic effects of the shower in winter