Pork pie is the Sunday dish that thanks to its flavor will make everyone agree at the table.
One of the delicious recipes to prepare on Sunday with the family for a dinner with friends or simply to pamper yourself with a traditional English dish is the pork pie: it has a captivating flavor with a touch of crunchiness due to the presence of the puff pastry. Let’s find out the secrets of this recipe together to make a typical, complete and nutritious product.
Preparation of the recipe for the pork pie
- Start chopping the onion, carrot and celery, browning them in a very large pan with extra virgin olive oil.
- Then slowly incorporate the meat by adding salt, pepper and half a glass of white wine, leaving it to simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Now prepare the béchamel using the butter melted in a double boiler and the flour, 1 liter of milk, a pinch of salt, nutmeg and pepper, stirring constantly until completely thickened.
- Take another pan and pour a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and a finely chopped onion, add the potatoes that you have cut into rather small cubes and the peas, adding a glass of white wine. Cook until both ingredients are cooked.
- In the meantime, take the puff pastry and divide it into two flat discs with the help of a rolling pin: the first disc must be larger to cover the base of the pan, while the second will serve to close the pie.
- Now that everything is ready, add the potatoes and peas to the meat, add the béchamel and don’t forget to taste, checking the salting.
- Put the mixture in the pan where you placed the first layer of puff pastry and cover with the second disc, brushing a small amount of egg yolk.
- Cook in a preheated oven at 180 ° C for about 20 minutes and remove from the oven. Your crusted pork pie is ready to serve.
A variant of the classic recipe is the pork pie not in a crust: lighter and easier to eat on the plate . To make it, you must follow the entire procedure above, excluding the puff pastry, the béchamel and cooking in the oven. When the pork is ready, in fact, the potatoes and peas, still hot, are slowly incorporated, leaving them to cook for another 10 minutes.
The English pork pie is fully part of the delicious meat main courses and can be considered as an original recipe that will amaze your guests. It is easy to prepare and can also be stored for a couple of days , as long as it is stored tightly covered in the refrigerator and then reheated in the microwave as well. We do not recommend freezing it instead.
If you liked this preparation, you can’t miss the recipe for the Ferrarese pasticcio .
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Military green passion: how to combine the most decisive of greens
Reassuring and decisive, military green is a trendy nuance again this winter: here's how it goes, even crazy! Bold, determined,...
Purple potatoes must absolutely be included in the diet: here are the reasons
If you've never tried them, purple potatoes taste really great. Not only that, they also bring many benefits to the...
Bucatini alla Caruso, the ingredients of the Neapolitan recipe
Bucatini alla Caruso are a simple first course prepared with genuine ingredients typical of the Campania region. Here is the...
Mousseline cream, a pride of French pastry
Similar to custard, mousseline cream is enriched with a fair amount of butter. Here is the recipe. France is famous...
Bach flowers: a natural remedy for colds and flu
Bach flowers are valid natural remedies for colds and flu: let's see which ones to use against these diseases. Like...
Recipes1 week ago
How to make mascarpone cream: the classic recipe and with the Thermomix!
Recipes5 days ago
Reinforcement salad: a Christmas dish of the Neapolitan tradition
Recipes1 week ago
For Sunday lunch, here are the artichoke crêpes
Recipes1 week ago
Baked hake with cherry tomatoes and olives: recipe for a tasty second course