How to cook boiled asparagus in the correct way: photos and videos to avoid mistakes!
Boiled asparagus is one of the basic recipes of our cuisine. Let's find out together how to prepare them without the appropriate pot.
Asparagus is the star vegetable of this season. It allows you to create dishes with a refined flavor and an inviting appearance, especially when served in the classic combination with eggs. Boiled asparagus is the starting point for many recipes: omelettes, crepes, savory pies but also bruschetta. In their basic version, however, they are fully vegan recipes.
So let's find out what is the correct way to cook them , without having to resort to strange utensils or particular pots, with our photo steps and video recipe . Simplicity in the kitchen is everything and it's important to learn how to use the tools we have!
How to cook boiled asparagus
To obtain a good dish you need to start with good raw materials . So choosing asparagus is the first step. To do it correctly, check that the upper inflorescences are compact and bright green in color , not open. The stem should be firm and green, with no marks or spots.
Once at home, use them as soon as possible to prevent them from deteriorating.
1. The first step is to wash them under running water.
2. Then proceed to remove the final part of the stem . This operation can be carried out with a knife, making a cut about 5 cm from the bottom or by bending the stem so that it breaks by itself where the woody part leaves room for the tender one.
3. Now you just have to cook the asparagus. I find it useless to get the appropriate pan for asparagus, so I recommend using a pan large enough to accommodate them lying down. Fill it with water, add salt and when it comes to a boil, dip the asparagus. The cooking time for the asparagus is about 10 minutes.
4. To keep the bright green colour, drain and immediately cool the asparagus in water and ice.
Boiled asparagus is the starting ingredient of many recipes. For a light and simple side dish, all you have to do is sauté them in a pan with a drizzle of oil and a clove of garlic. In this way you will get a really simple and tasty vegan recipe. Try preparing an asparagus and strawberry salad , for a different side dish.
If you can't get enough, here are all the asparagus recipes we have prepared for you!
Perfect boiled asparagus: 2 tips
– The cooking time of asparagus also varies according to their size . 10 minutes refer to a medium-sized vegetable, while if you have purchased small asparagus 7 will be sufficient. If they are very large, however, you can go up to 13 minutes.
– If you have bought them but you already know that you won't use them immediately , keep them in the fridge in their paper or immerse the bunch of asparagus in a glass with two inches of water. In this way they will not lose hydration and will be perfect for when you want to get in the kitchen.
Asparagus cooked in this way can be kept in a container with an airtight lid for a maximum of 2-3 days in the refrigerator . Alternatively, you can also freeze them in the freezer for about 2 months: divide them into smaller bunches and place them in a bag suitable for freezing.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
WHO advises against the use of sweeteners in diets. Let’s find out why!
The WHO has recently updated the guidelines discouraging the use of non-sugar sweeteners. Let's find out why and what are...
Pasta with courgette flowers
Simple and quick, pasta with courgette flowers is a truly delicious first course. Let's find out together how to prepare...
Here is the recipe for grilled swordfish, a delicious second course full of flavors and aromas. Today we are preparing...
Tricolor first course: tomato and burrata pasta
Tomato and burrata pasta is an ideal recipe to serve as a single dish, especially in summer. That's how simple...
June diet: the fresh and creative choice to lose weight
The June diet is a fresh and summery way to lose weight by eating with gusto. Let's find out which...
Health2 months ago
Picacism: what it is, how to recognize it and what are the risks
Fashion2 months ago
Essential and sexy: the new must have for s/s 2023 is the body, an alternative to the mini dress
Recipes2 months ago
Rice balls, an ancient easy Ragusan recipe with photos and videos to prepare them
Recipes2 months ago
Calabrian sardella: what it is and how to prepare the typical spicy sauce