From the Aztecs to the present day, here are some tips and the recipe for making Mexican guacamole sauce: delicious and also great for health!
It is a Mexican recipe based on avocado: the guacamole sauce has very ancient origins (it is said that ahuacamolli dates back to the times of the Aztecs) and is now widespread all over the world, although it is usually enjoyed mainly in typical restaurants. This does not mean that this very tasty condiment cannot be prepared at home too: the basic guacamole sauce is prepared with avocado and lime, but over the centuries the recipe has also been enriched with other ingredients, from tomato to onion to Tex sauce. Mex with sour cream or mayonnaise.
Guacamole lends itself to different uses: it not only accompanies Mexican food (and therefore tortillas , burrito or tacos) but is also delicious served with meat, to be served as an appetizer or to accompany grilled meat or fish .
To get a perfect avocado sauce you will need to choose ripe fruit . Also remember that this fruit, very rich in potassium and beta-carotene, is excellent for counteracting skin aging and for an anti-cholesterol diet. There is no excuse: let’s prepare the guacamole together!
Preparation of the guacamole recipe
1. First of all, choose 2 medium-small and very ripe avocados (alternatively 1 large avocado) and cut them in half, removing the core and the outer skin .
2. Obtain the pulp, cut it into small cubes and mash it with a fork until you get a puree. This is why the choice of avocado is important: it must be soft enough to be processed but not excessively soft .
3. It doesn’t matter if the result is not homogeneous : it will give texture to the cream! To the avocado puree, add the chopped onion.
4. In the meantime , blanch the tomatoes so that they can be peeled more easily. Remove the peel, cut them into very small cubes and remove the seeds, then add them to the rest of the mixture together with the green chilli cut into small pieces . (If you can’t find it on the market, you can use the classic red pepper).
5. Grate the lime zest after washing it, and obtain the juice (filtered): add both the grated zest and the juice to the puree . Then add the freshly chopped coriander, salt and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil and mix well.
6. Your guacamole sauce must rest at least 30 minutes : then it will be ready to best accompany your dishes. Enjoy your meal!
Storage and variations for making guacamole: the quick recipe without cooking
This sauce would be best eaten immediately after preparation to prevent it from turning black (avocado has a tendency to blacken). A trick, if you’ve done too much, is to transfer it to a jar, cover it with oil , and keep it in the fridge for a couple of days. Alternatively, create the vacuum inside the container.
To vary, you can also not add chopped tomatoes or enrich with aromatic herbs such as parsley or coriander .
For chilli, we recommend jalapeños , but any variety you find is fine; you can also omit it if you don’t like spicy.
Lovers of this ingredient can’t miss all our avocado recipes !
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Risotto with pomegranate: a rich and colorful dish for special occasions!
It is one of the fanciest and most delicious first courses: pomegranate risotto is perfect for special occasions, but it...
Let’s see the recipe for Poppella snowflakes, a typical dessert of Naples
Let's find out together how to prepare a sweet from Naples, Poppella's Snowflakes: soft and creamy they have bewitched everyone....
The trendiest bijoux to give at Christmas are those of the Ferragni sisters: sparkling and sophisticated collections
Chiara and Valentina Ferragni inspire our looks and also our bijoux. And their jewelry collections stand out among the perfect...
The diet of Victoria’s Secret models is not the same for all: here’s what they eat
What is the Victoria Secret models diet? Always beautiful and in perfect shape, they follow a precise diet. Beautiful and...
Viva Magenta, Pantone’s sparkling color 2023 can’t be missing in your wardrobe: how to wear it
Glamorous and bold, Viva Magenta is the Pantone 2023 color we can't wait to wear A magical, surprising color, full...
Fashion1 week ago
Military green passion: how to combine the most decisive of greens
Fashion1 week ago
Ugg Guard Boots, the waterproof sole that allows us to wear all but all the shoes we want!
Recipes1 week ago
Mousseline cream, a pride of French pastry
Recipes1 week ago
Bucatini alla Caruso, the ingredients of the Neapolitan recipe