Stewed squid is a simple but effective recipe, perfect for bringing a fragrant and inviting dish to the table.
The recipe for stewed calamari is perfect if you are looking for a second fish dish that is easy to make but at the same time very tasty. It is a preparation where the squid are embellished with a sauce that greedily invites to the shoe !
The only difficulty with this recipe lies in the patience to wait for the squid to be cooked! They must be very tender , and for them to be, the squid must be cooked for several minutes. In this recipe for squid with sauce, one thing is important: if they are not yet cooked and the sauce tends to dry out, add a few tablespoons of hot water!
How to cook stewed squid
- Put a pot of water on the stove and bring it to a boil. Wash the coppery tomatoes and make a very light cross incision on their bottom with a knife. You just have to nick the peel. When the water boils, add the tomatoes and remove them with a slotted spoon after thirty seconds.
- Now that you have made them very easy to peel, start right from the incision and remove the peel. Cut them into quarters, remove the aqueous part with the seeds and the pulp tritatene finally set aside.
- Wash the squid under running water and, if not already done by the fishmonger, clean it by removing the entrails and the beak. Cut the bag into rings and the tentacles into two or more pieces according to the size of the squid.
- Pour the oil into a saucepan or a large pan and pour in the oil, the peeled and finely chopped garlic clove and the chilli, whole or chopped depending on whether you want to remove it at the end of cooking or keep it.
- Add the squid and sauté for 3-4 minutes, stirring often. Pour the wine and increase the heat to do it quickly fade for 1-2 minutes.
- It’s time for the tomatoes, pour them into the pan and turn. When the boil resumes, reduce the heat and simmer slightly for 15-18 minutes . Season with salt and pepper. If you have left it whole, remove the chilli. Check the cooking of the squid: they must be very tender and the times can vary according to their size and consistency .
- Wash the parsley, pat dry with absorbent kitchen paper and chop finely. Add them to the preparation when there is only one minute left for the squid to cook perfectly. Turn off and serve hot accompanied by slices of toasted bread in the oven at 180 ° C for five minutes .
The variants of stewed baby squid
And here we are to tell you, in a few lines, the other recipes to prepare stewed squid rings (or tufts). You can, very simply, prepare stewed squid in white: just chop the parsley very finely and cook it in a pot with a generous drizzle of oil, then add the squid, blend them with the white wine and cook them for about 30 -40 minutes with the lid on and very low heat. Pay attention that we are never dry so add hot water as needed.
There is not only this variant of the recipe. In fact, you can prepare squid in red stew, and then with tomato, also adding peas and / or potatoes to taste. Cook everything together in a pan with the tomato, always making sure that the stew does not dry out too much .
Finally, you can also try a similar recipe for cooking and the main ingredient, but totally different in taste: stewed stuffed squid. Do not cut the bag into strips but leave it whole and stuff it with a filling made up of the tentacles made stir-fry with a drizzle of oil, breadcrumbs, garlic, parsley and, to taste, an egg yolk to bind everything well (which however it can be omitted and replaced with a vinaigrette of emulsified oil and lemon). Close the bags of squid with a toothpick and put them in the pot with the tomatoes.
Keep the stewed squid in an airtight container for about 2 days ; if necessary, heat them in a pan.
If you liked the recipe for stewed squid, discover the video of the preparation.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
There is no Easter breakfast without the Roman regrown pizza
The Easter regrown pizza is a typical product of Rome, prepared for breakfast and stuffed in many ways. The original...
Have you ever tried our gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry?
A very simple recipe to prepare at home for those suffering from intolerances: the gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry will please...
Easter Mazurek, an amazing Polish dessert
Mazurek is a Polish dessert typical of the Easter period made up of a crunchy base stuffed with jam and...
Pastitsio: the super tasty Greek first course
Pastitsio is a typical Greek first course known to be very similar to baked pasta. Here’s how to prepare it...
Crepes without gluten and lactose, the perfect recipe for everyone!
Enjoy a moment of sweet relaxation with delicious gluten-free and lactose-free crepes. We will make you who are intolerant satisfied...