The Garfagnana soup is a traditional Tuscan dish. The original recipe is that of a delicious soup of legumes, spelled and little else.
When it comes to delicious first courses, Italy is truly unbeatable. What we recommend today is the preparation of a typical Tuscan dish, suitable for the winter months. We are talking about the Garfagnana farro soup. Preparing it is very simple and you need genuine ingredients linked to the territory. In addition to the one already mentioned, beans , lard and some aromas are needed to flavor everything. The result is a typical product with an almost velvety texture and to be served hot, to warm you up during the long winter days.
Let’s fasten the apron and go ahead!
Preparation of the recipe for the Garfagnana soup
- It starts the day before, because the beans have to soak in a bowl full of cold water for 12 hours.
- The next morning, drain and pour into a saucepan. Fill it with water and boil the legumes for about 2 hours , together with 2 cloves of garlic and half a stalk of celery.
- When cooked, drain the beans and set the broth aside .
- Next, fill the bottom of a pan with olive oil. Add the carrot, onion, a clove of garlic, tomatoes (peeled) and the other half of celery.
- Sauté for about 3 minutes. Then, add the lard along with the sage and rosemary.
- Cook for 30 minutes . At the end, season with salt and pepper.
- Once cooked, immediately add the boiled beans and mix. Then, smooth it lightly with an immersion blender .
- In a saucepan, pour the bean broth (previously set aside). Wash the spelled well and pour it into it.
- Cook over medium heat for 1 hour , or a little less.
- Then, turn off and pour everything on the cream with the beans. Mix and serve with a little olive oil.
The Garfagnana soup is a Tuscan first course that should be eaten hot. With a rustic look, it will make any lunch unique. You can keep it in the fridge , in an airtight container, for 1-2 days .
Don’t miss the Garfagnina floured recipe.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Presnitz: the Trieste dessert with noble origins!
According to some testimonies it was created for Princess Sissi. Either way, the Presnitz quick recipe is tasty and easy...
Let’s find out how to prepare the brandacujun with the Ligurian recipe
The recipe for brandacujun comes directly from western Liguria, a creamed cod with potatoes with an intense flavor and creamy...
How okonomiyaki is prepared, a typical dish of Japanese cuisine
If you are looking for quick and easy recipes that come from afar, okonomyaki, Japanese pancakes with vegetables, is worth...
What is holistic massage: all about this practice for body and mind
Holistic massage has numerous benefits, both for the body and for the mind. Let’s see together what they are, and...
Bublanina is a truly amazing Czechoslovakian dessert with cherries
Bublanina is a simple cherry pie typical of the Czech Republic prepared with a dough similar to sponge cake. Literally...